cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Unable to contact BT to cancel my agreement

Unable to contact BT to cancel my agreement

I have failed over the last three days to contact BT over the phone in-spite of staying over the phone over 30 minutes each time. BT does not give any other way of communications. Any e-mail to bt.comteam@bt.com or btcomms@info.bt.com is bouncing back. There is no other email or postal addresses to send my request to. It is really unacceptable, even at this time we live in. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to contact BT to cancel my agreement

please delete your personal details as this is a public forum  you post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

I got through on this number 0800 800 150 - the wait was about 48 mins. Be aware that they will try to persuade you to do otherwise, but being persistent but polite worked for me. Good luck!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

They need to provide a website button to at least be able to pause  BT Sport charges as Sky have done. Sky are earning lots of brownie points at the moment with their reaction to COVID-19 and I suspect word of mouth will result in a lot of migration away from BT. I am non-contract with BT TV and cannot  get in touch to get services switched off, particularly BT Sport which has no live sport to watch, which is the only reason I have been retaining the service. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

BT told me that they didn’t want to do this because there were “meetings going on behind the scenes” with a view to arranging football matches to be televised in empty stadiums in the near future. Having watched such a match, I found it eerie, and it really paled in comparison. I could not be persuaded to carry on with my subscription , and I cancelled it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Because I am out of contract I do not wish to pay for the current reduced service. The plan was to come back for a new subscription when the live sports returns but now I am less inclined to do so

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

I called to cancel BT sport and now have an email with a totally new broadband/phone contract which I didn't ask for and they didn't tell me about! I certainly never agreed to it. And more expensive than before. Of course I now can't get through on the phone to query this. Bunch of crooks. I certainly won't renew BT sports with them when it becomes available again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Removed as posted in wrong topic for some reason

0 Ratings