Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunkerlp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Unable to get bt sport after update to box

Go to solution

Our setop box was updated last night and we received the extra channels that come with infinity, pointless as unavailable in our area, the thing is I can now no longer get the bt sports channels we had yesterday states channel unavailable any help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to get bt sport after update to box

Go to solution

Sounds as if you've been upgraded to the multicast build by mistake. You should see the BT Sports channels on 507-509, though you won't be able to access them. It is possible you may be able to subscribe to them if your exchange is copper multicast enabled, and your speed is fast enough. But it's unlikely I suspect, and it's just another ccok-up. Dear me. Smiley Frustrated

dunkerlp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Well after being on the phone for 45 mins they are ringing me back within 24hrs

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Hunter2660 wrote:

It is possible you may be able to subscribe to them if your exchange is copper multicast enabled, and your speed is fast enough.

I think that was only Sky Sports for existing customers when it was taken off Freeview. It seems you're right about a cack-up, it happened to me in reverse.Smiley Sad

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You are not the only one to have this happen.

For a recent example or two see,

http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-on-BT-Vision/cant-get-bt-sport-on-bt-vision/m-p/998310#...

Quite a few people found themselves in this situation back in August when the sports channels launched.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-on-BT-Vision/Freeview-retune-has-lost-BTSport-1-amp-2-o...

0 Ratings
dunkerlp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Problem now solved, just waiting for my on demand to be sorted, was upgraded by mistake
0 Ratings
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I am still unable to get Bt's 2 sports channels, plus ESPN on my computer - since being activated over 3 weeks ago. I also had to ring up to enquire why my TV was not receiving the new services, although they had had my money for weeks, and given me an activation date of August 8th, 2013. After several calls, one bright BT customer serviice guy had spotted that my service had not been activated by BT! So bingo, without a very short while, my TV went live with both BT sports channels and ESPN.

However, although I now enjoy the highest download/upload speeds I have ever experienced since switching to BT Infinity some months ago (Download 39 Meg & Upload 9 Meg), it seems with BT that you have to go 3 steps back b4 you go 4 steps forward.

As a concerned (small) BT shareholder, I sincerely hope they get their act together with their "patchy" launch of their sports tv & internet service, as all their recent progress will be marred by not sufficiently researching/trialing their new sports services with selected BT customers around the UK .....  BEFORE GOING LIVE!

Which makes me ask the question .................... how many different computer hardware/software systems did they legislate for to "fit" the many & varied consumer setups that are "out there". Unfortunately, I don't think they considered this scenario too deeply (or at all), before launching the new services, when considering how long one has to wait to get thru' to their telephone help lines!

Unfortunately BT's reputation with me, is now at an all time low, and having had lengthy experience with Ford Motor Company methods and procedures at desk and senior management level ............... I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that BT's top management COULD NOT RUN A BATH ! 😞        

0 Ratings