cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Unable to login to BT Sport on Amazon Fire TV Stick

Every time I enter my username and password on the BT Sport App on my Amazon Fire TV Stick I get an error code (001) : I have checked both the username and password and they are exactly right. I can log in to the BT Sport App on my iPad with no problem.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to login to BT Sport on Amazon Fire TV Stick

I take you have the BT Sport app as opposed to the BTTV app?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yes I do have the BT Sport App

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Try rebooting the Firestick.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You've mentioned error code 001, but that's not the entire code - there should be a couple of letters at the beginning. They're important.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I’ve tried rebooting the Fire TV Stick and that makes no difference. The error code is ID001.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I can see that you're entering the username correctly @nicholasreeves however the logs at this end says your password is incorrect. We can't see what your password is, but whatever you're entering, the system doesn't like it.
The only 2 suggestions I can make are:
1. Use the "Show password" option on screen to make sure you're entering exactly what you think you are.
2. Try changing your password by following the instructions shown here: https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/usernames-and-passwords/i-need-to-reset-or-change-my-pas...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I have checked the password very carefully and as I explained in an earlier post it works fine when I log in to the BT Sport App on my iPad. Before I change it, can I just check what you say about my username. I always use my full email address - should I use @nicholasreeves instead as you seem to suggest in your post?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

haha sorry no - you're entering your BT ID (email address correctly). I was just adding @nicholasreeves to tag you in the comment.
Ideally I'd test it myself with your password, but I have no way of knowing it and I'm not allowed to ask you for it. Therefore the only option left is for you to change it.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I’m really sorry about this, but it turns out I was making a mistake in entering my password after all. I use a password manager to generate secure passwords and in copying the password I misread capital U as capital V. Abject apologies for wasting your time with this - happily everything now works as it should. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings