Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Unable to receive BT Sport on SKY platform

For about a month, I have been unable to get BT Sport on my TV. I have a SKY digital box but no subscription to SKY. I have had no communication with SKY and, as far as I know, my viewing status has not changed. I have verified with my BT account that I am subscribed to, and paying for BT Sport, when I tune to BT Sport I get the message "You have the wrong viewing card...". I have not interferred with my original viewing card, which worked until recently. Have I missed something? How do I check that I am paying the appropriate rate to BT for BT Sport - I think I am, but this may be may where the problem lies. I would be grateful for any advice.

Austin1  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to receive BT Sport on SKY platform

Hi @austin1 Not sure whats changed to stop you being able to view BT Sport on Sky.

Send us over your details and we'll get this fixed for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hello JohnC2

Thank you for your reply. You ask for more details. I contacted BT by phone and – not having access to my Sky box at the time – was advised – when I did have contact – to the get the following information, using my Sky remote, having – on Services – pressed the following: 4, then 5 and then note: Viewing Card, Serial Number, Version. I did this eventually and was unable to get the information. My Sky box is grey/black and Sky+HD. I was able to get BT Sport on one occasion since, but, at my latest attempt, I got the same message: Wrong Viewing Card. I do not know my Viewing Card number, I am unable to locate it on the Sky box. I do not know where to look for it. Could you help me further please – by email/Forum.

austin1    

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @austin1 You will find info on this link on how to find you Sky viewing card number

If you are still having difficulty getting this fixed take up my earlier offer of help and send us your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hello John

Thanks. I'm still having  a problem. I was able to locate the required information from my SKY box, which is:

**Edited** 

When I contacted BT again with this information, after a very long and interference-ridden conversation, the conclusion was that all was OK at the BT end, I should wait 4/5 hours and, if the problem persisted, I should contact SKY. The problem was still there but I contacted SKY via SKY.COM/QUICKFIX, and learned that I had to contact by phone at the cost of 9p per minute + 15p connection charge which - on principle - I am reluctant to do. I would, therefore, like to take up your offer to try to solve the problem for me - or suggest another way forward. Have you enough details in what I have given above - if not, please advise. Incidentally I have tried to locate physically the place of the Viewing Card in the box, but I can't, despite the istruction in the User Guide. Can you help, please. Also what is the Receiver ID referred to in QICKFIX?.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Incidentally, I am concerned about the connection beteween my BT Home Hub Router and the SKY box. I do not ever remember making this connection manually myself. Reading the User's Guide gives me the impression that this is necessary. Am I missing something. My reception of SKY and BT Sport was fine before this latest problem. What has gone wrong?

I look forward to hearing from you.

austin

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @austin1

Thanks for posting back.

Can you send all the info over to us and we will give you a hand with this from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi RobbieMac

Thanks. How/where do I find the URL of my original post? Sorry, I am a novice at this.

Regards.

austin1 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @austin1,

The URL is https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/Unable-to-receive-BT-Sport-on-SKY-platform/m-p/16265...

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Hi Daniel S

Thanks.

Austin1

0 Ratings