cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Critch5
Message 1 of 5

Unable to see channel 507,508,509 on BT vision box

I was a bt infinity customer and decided to add BT TV so I can watch BT sport on tv so they upgraded me.
Before I ordered BT TV I subscribed to watch BT sport via the app online.

Now I have received my BT vision box I cannot access channels 507,508,509 even though they told me I was set up to watch BT sport.

What can I do?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to see channel 507,508,509 on BT vision box

A lot of these on the forum. Check Help & Settings / Settings / Entitlement Information in the Vision box munu. There should be a list of channels you are able to view. My guess is that the BT Sports channels arn't listed. Could you confirm what is actually showing.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Ah looking at your post again you say you can't see channels 507 to 512. Does that maen they arn't there? In that case you need to check:

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Middleware Version

You should see something like:

4.79.5 rev.1 512-multicast Build 312754 Jun 4...

If the "multicast" isn't showing your box needs updating to the multicast software.

0 Ratings
Critch5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you I will check both those solutions.

How would I update to multicast software?

Also I subscribed to the BT app first because I didn't have BT TV at that point, will I have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to BT sport through BT Vision.

People are saying you are stuffed if you subscribe to the app first?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 5

The box is supplied with non multicast software and the multicast is downloaded when the system realises you need it. This may happen overnight tonight, so make sure and leave your box on. If it doesn't you'll have to get in touch with support to make sure it gets downloaded for you.

0 Ratings