cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 3

Users with Retail and BT Humax Boxes

Called BT to register for BT Sport to access on my Retail Youview box and it's seems you can only have it on one box, so has to be on my BT Youview box. But if I want to add it to my BT Youview when it is released I have to re-contract for another 12 months as if you have less than 12 months left on your contracts you will not get it.

I've refused to do this as originally it was stated if you had BT Youview you didn't need to do anything and it would automatically be added. And if I do add then I could see an increase in calling package (which has been increased for people to ring mobiles, which I only do from my mobile anyway - why pay BT to ring a mobile when I can do it for free on my mobile)

Also found this on the btsport website

If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. The basic price of BT broadband stays the same: and that's what you'll pay when any special offer stops.

So surely I shouldn't need to re-sign for another 12 months based on that.... 

Well rang BT back and spoke to someone else who confirmed that I didn't have to re-contract as the service will be automatic on BT Youview boxes

Just got to get it updated on my retail box (but it seems BT didn't realise I had a retail box (based on call with first person))

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Users with Retail and BT Humax Boxes

It has been pretty clear from the first announcement that getting access to BT Sport requires you to have at least 12 months left on your contract as at 1/8/13, or else you have to recontract for another minimum term.

The 'special offer' clause is relating to just that, e.g. a 'half price for 6 months' type offer you may have got when signing up initially. They are just saying you won't lose that, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you have to recontract.

I suspect the second person you spoke to may have misunderstood your query - yes you'll get the channels automatically added on your BT Youview box, BUT only if you have over 12 months left on your contract as at 1/8/13. Some people have already got them on their Youview boxes showing promos.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Users with Retail and BT Humax Boxes

@Colin_London wrote:

It has been pretty clear from the first announcement that getting access to BT Sport requires you to have at least 12 months left on your contract as at 1/8/13, or else you have to recontract for another minimum term.

The 'special offer' clause is relating to just that, e.g. a 'half price for 6 months' type offer you may have got when signing up initially. They are just saying you won't lose that, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you have to recontract.

I suspect the second person you spoke to may have misunderstood your query - yes you'll get the channels automatically added on your BT Youview box, BUT only if you have over 12 months left on your contract as at 1/8/13. Some people have already got them on their Youview boxes showing promos.

I actually queried this as said if youi have to have a 12 month contract for the sports, then if I re-contract now to get registered then surely I would have to re-contract again at end of July as I won't have 12 months left on my contract. I was told no and that because I'm on BT Youview it won't let them order as it says it will automatically be added and there is nothing more for me to do.

But I can't have it on my retail box at the same time as they don't support multi-room so even though I may want to watch it on both boxes at different times (family may be watching something on one) they can't do anything.

Bit silly really as with NowTV I have multi-room capabilities on that, so I can watch 2 different movies at the same time on both boxes. You would think if NowTV can do, then surely BT could do similar.

i did find this under the FAQ for 'When will BT Sport be available on Youview'

BT Sport will be available on YouView this summer. YouView customers who have BT Infinity by 1 August will receive a software upgrade and automatically receive BT Sport this summer. To qualify for this, you need to have bought your YouView box directly from BT.

This would suggest that you don't need to re-contract

I have raised a post to the mods so can get some clarification on this

0 Ratings