cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Using BT TV app outside UK.

Hi, currently holidaying in Portugal. Tried using the BT TV app and I get the response, “It looks like you are outside the UK. Sorry - You can only play titles if you’re in the UK (AS002)”

On the help pages, error code AS002 states, “This means that you appear to be outside the UK or EU. When trying to watch programmes, you can only watch programmes on the BT TV app in the UK or EU”

Can someone please clarify if using the BT TV app is just limited to the UK or not?

Thanks

Stew

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using BT TV app outside UK.

Another victim of Brexit I'm afraid - it can only be used in the UK now.

Message 3 of 8

Hmmm, so perhaps BT could update their help pages more than two years after Brexit.

It only seems to be the BT TV app though. BT Sports app works, as does Disney+, Now TV, Netflix, Discovery+, Amazon Prime, Premier Sports, Britbox, UK TV Player, BBC IPlayer, All 4, C5, ITV Hub.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I'm guessing you're using BT Sport app over roaming mobile data? If so then you'll look like you're still in the UK, as we only use the IP address to determine location.

For BT TV, the content providers required that we use the device GPS to determine physical location.

I have tried getting the help pages updated, but it's very difficult to get someone to take ownership of it.  BT TV is changing massively this year, so they'll definitely be updated then.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes, your assumptions are correct. Wi-Fi not great so tethering through my mobile.

Thank you for your input.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

OK, so just an FYI: the BT TV Windows app has no GPS checking, so relies on the IP address. I'm definitely not suggesting that you use it - just letting you know why it would work for you, in case it confuses you. 😊
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Ah OK. 😉

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Speaking as someone who’s recently signed up to BTTV after resisting for many years, I’m hoping that the comment that it will be changing massively this year means that there will be plenty of changes for the better. We signed up for the Entertainment offer for £6 and added BT Sport and HD/UHD together with upgrading to standard Netflix. I’m not expecting any clues though @DarrenDev

0 Ratings