cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 77

Re: VC 019 PS5 error

Turned off IPv6 on my Sky router before the start of today's match and nothing has changed. Stream freezes after about half an hour.

I think looking for things to turn off on a Sky router isn't a fix really as all other streaming apps on the PS5 work without the need to change settings, the problem must be in the BT Sport app itself.

Message 62 of 77

@DarrenDev Hi Darren

Having same issue with NowTV broadband, please could you DM instructions for the beta

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 77

We're not allowing anyone else onto the beta anymore @_Louis_ - please see the above few comments for information about IPv6 which has been confirmed to the the cause of this issue.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 77

But doesn’t fix

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 77

@deekRFC one person so far has said it didn't fix the issue for them.  Numerous others on here and via email have confirmed that it does. Sky themselves have also confirmed it as the main cause of this issue.

The VC019 error code is used for most errors during playback, so it is possible that other users will still experience this error code for other reasons.

We're still working on the beta - it has other issues that we're working on (it's an entirely new player, instead of using the PS5 native player).  Until they're all resolved, there's no benefit in adding more users to it only for their experience to be worse than if they just turned off IPv6.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 77

@reflectedreality the fault on the Sky router is to do with DNS resolution of IPv4 addresses via IPv6.   Other devices have both IPv6 and IPv4 - if IPv6 fails, then they fall back on IPv4.  The PS5 doesn't have a fallback - if IPv6 is present and fails resolution of an IPv4 address, it stops working completely.  This is what is happening on the Sky router - IPv6 DNS resolution of IPv4 addresses fails.

Other apps on the PS5 won't be affected if they use IPv6 addresses.

BT Sport doesn't use IPv6 yet, and we don't have any immediate plans to support it.  Thus we're reliant on Sky to fix the router, or on users to turn off IPv6.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 77

Cool, I am going to try it again tonight and see if it cures the issue. Thanks for the info.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 77

Hi, I have tried for two matches now and it is still freezing. No error just the pictures freezes. IPV6 turned off and both PS5 and sky router restarted a few times. I am using a wired connection, is anyone else?

Watching the build up to the Liverpool match today it has frozen twice in around 30 mins.

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 77

I disabled the IPv6 on my Sky Router which solved the problem and I’ve been watching BT Sport live with no issues for a month or so.

However, overnight the problem has returned. I now can’t watch anything live on BT Sport and it doesn’t even start up before kicking me out.

Nothing has changed on my Sky router settings overnight.

Has something recently changed that I need to be aware of?

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 77

I'm told we had issues over the weekend - all platforms saw an increase in errors. We're investigating why.
0 Ratings