cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregH86
Beginner
Message 51 of 128

Re: VC017

Well, the part about 2 streams seems incorrect.

I've given up watching for the following reasons:

1) Desktop PC linked to tv -VC017 error no matter what I try.

2) Watched for a short while on a Nexus 7 tablet, decided to switch to the laptop - VC010 error. I had one previous stream, and got the too many concurrent streams error.

This is discounting the fact that I had to scrabble around to get registered this morning given all the previous times I've spoken to the order line and been told nothing needed doing for me just to log in, then to be told that my exchange wasn't set up for BT Total Broadband by the online activation. Rang the phone number and it was sorted though.

Every time I speak to BT I get recommended to get sky. I have no wish to pay out £20.00 a month just so I can get free BT sport when I should be able to get it free via the web app.

It's pretty shocking when illegal streams can stream your service but your own web app fails, and fails badly.

0 Ratings
DAUDane
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 128

Sorry That should read C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady folder in my post above. Frustration at work!

0 Ratings
Gashead
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 128

Don't waste time reinstalling Silverlight if the product developer test page here works

http://support.akamai.com/silverlight/index.html

The error is related to DRM "6002 Unable to acquire license due to a network or protocol error" which probably means a screw up on a BT server. Unlikely to be capacity as people report the same error at multiple times from multiple PCs.

BT MUST know the nature of the issue, an acknowledgement of this would go some way to cooling fevered brows.

Robo
Message 54 of 128

In response to earlier post: No Dean, one at a time of course. I don't get the concurrent stream error code if I've logged out properly, just the VC017 on all three platforms.

and yes, Silverlight via the test link above (thanks!), works perfectly on all three!

0 Ratings
johnmcf
Beginner
Message 55 of 128

so thats over a day and still getting V017. Tried everything. left three messages in here.

Having read all the threads and computers working not working, it seems to be a newish laptop issue running on wifi. But when the laptop is used elsewhere, it sometimes works, which suggests it's a local home wifi network/  router problem. ???

I'm off to watch football at a relative's home, I'll bring my laptop and see if it works on their broadband wifi.

Later I'll try a LAN cable into my router here.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 128

I finally solved my VC017 problem. It is a Silverlight problem. I tried using the Silverlight uninstall Fix It, but it didn't work (although I didn't reboot after fixing it). I searched the Web and found an Apple Mac users' discussion about this. I use Windows though and I couldn't find some of the PC folders they mentioned. 

Basically, the solution on the Apple discussion was about completely removing Silverlight and Playready before reinstalling Silverlight.  All of the following steps might not be necessary. I don't know much about programs, I'm just saying what worked for me (since there was no solution here).

1. I used the Microsoft Fix-It to remove Silverlight, but didn't click "Install" yet.
  2. I went to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\PlayReady  and deleted the file in there.
  3. I went to C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\
  4. I clicked on each folder in the Appdata one and looked for a subfolder that said Microsoft or Silverlight.
  5. I deleted ones that said Silverlight. I deleted any "PlayReady" subfolder I saw inside the Microsoft ones.
  6. I went back to the Fix It program and pressed Install.
  7. I rebooted after installation.
  8. After that, the BTSport channels worked.

The Program Data folder might be a hidden folder on your PC. If so go to Control Panel and click, or search for Folder Options. You'll be able to show or hide hidden folders.

alan42
Beginner
Message 57 of 128

Did not work for me; windows 7, 64 bit, IE
0 Ratings
samdiablo666
Contributor
Message 58 of 128

getting 6002 vc017 error on my pc so i am unable to watch bt sport. and i also gave bt my viewing card number for sky and it isnt working there either

xpsp3 firefox latest silverlight

0 Ratings
cdman63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 128

Just to add my voice to the list really - same as everybody else , vc017 errors - tried contacting bt but cant get through on the phone and the reply to my (3) e-mails is just a standard "we are aware of technical issues" but no indication they are trying to fix them ..... I'd also like to receive SPort via my BT vision box but its an old silver type and once again nobody from BT seems to know if that will work or not. Pathetic isnt it? I worked for them for 38 years before retiring and all this is making me ashamed to have been a BT employee - how sad is that ?....     

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hasanunited
Beginner
Message 60 of 128

amazing and shocked! Error: 6002 VC017 - Windows 7 Home Premium, new laptop Samsung...works fine on my Iphone and my sisters laptop which also has windows7 --

i tried reinstalling, i tried the previous gentlemans suggestions, it ried using every browser in the world...

this is really really strange and i think BT have missed the boat on this one whilst testing the app - I think they are embaressed - surely someone must know? I am literally on hold now for 20 minutes BT Tech support  but whats the point if no one knows the answer anyway?

0 Ratings