cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob9395
Message 41 of 81

Re: VC018 - Why Is It Suddenly Appearing?

Have got the VC018 message on every single computer I own (iMac/MAcbook and PC wunning Win 7). Stupidly decided to contact 'tech support' via their 'chat' facility. Big mistake. The 'chat' window initially states that I am 134th in the queue with an average wait time of just 2 minutes. 30 minutes later I finally get through to be told 'dont worry, it will be restored". No mention of what the problem is or when it will be restored. I then ask to cancel my broadband/BT Sport subcription to be told, 'no problem'. 

Great customer service BT.

NOT!!!!

0 Ratings
SallyB1962
Message 42 of 81

Re: VC018 BT Service Status - 13.04.14

So for well over an hour this afternoon BT was telling me to delete browser history, do this, do that, change browsers, reinstall Silverlight etc. etc. and all along you knew it was a fault at your end. It's time BT gave up trying to stream sport because you are out of your depth. Stick to phones because I don't think you quite understand how the internet works. By the way, I ended up watching Hull v. Sheffied Utd on Wiziwig and that was a stream ripped off from BT!

0 Ratings
nick881
Beginner
Message 43 of 81

Re: VC018 BT Service Status - 13.04.14

How do you get rid of the ads on the dodgy internet feeds?

0 Ratings
houstmon
Beginner
Message 44 of 81

Time to buy a Chromecast methinks. THen I'll never have to use the Windows/Silvershyte piece of cr@p again...

0 Ratings
Dalton
Message 45 of 81

just spoke with someone via live chat after 50 mins waiting and she said its down because theres to many people viewing & cant cope,expect 2hrs before its sorted

0 Ratings
houstmon
Beginner
Message 46 of 81

i.e wait until enough people give up so that the others can use it.

Seriously? If I did capacity planning that badly on a project I'd expect to be fired....

Alternatively (and probably nearer the truth), they have no idea what's wrong at the moment...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 81

The one thing i paid for for this app and it doesnt even work.

Terrible service from BT, what am i actually paying for? Not even an explenation for an aknowledgement on twitter.

And what sort of bull**bleep** answer is "too many people are watching"

I see all the BT Experts are hiding......

0 Ratings
commonera
Message 48 of 81

Re: Yet Again VC018, why MS rubbish?

Same experience for me. Happened yesterday and again today. Completely ruined the FA Cup semi and I have just wasted a couple of hours of my life trying to fix it (several uninstalls and reinstalls of Microsoft Silverlight) and it still doesn't work.

Same thing: error VC018 each time. Have tried all the advice: log out and log back in, refresh the page, empty the browser cache, heck have even completely reset Safari and tried two other browsers too, but nothing.

Anyone out there know how to fix this incessant problem. When I first got BT Sport it was quite common and then it went off the radar for a good time, but now it's back with a vengeance and needless to say I am disappointed, frustrated and angry by it happeneing again!

Any advice will be gratefully received!

0 Ratings
Chrisg2306
Message 49 of 81

Same here tried everything from the FAQ page thank heaven for my ipad well done BT me like many others are on your site as we have no other option, you truly are CR*P

squidy
Message 50 of 81

MotoGp going to Bt sport has go to be a joke!! ,i cant access it either and its the only sport i watch ,why cant they make it available through the digital tv platform? ,watching it via my laptop is the only way i get to view it ,as i cant justify paying the extortionate amount sky want just so i can watch a few hours motor sport!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings