cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siteguru
Expert
Message 2 of 81

VC018 - Why Is It Suddenly Appearing?

I had the Moto GP on BT Sport 2 playing on my laptop (i.e. the beginning of the show). All of a sudden it stopped with a VC018 error.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, tried different browsers (even ones that have NEVER been used for BT Sport before) and even tried a different laptop. ALL combinations are throwing VC018.

How can I fix this please?

(I can login OK. It's just when I click on Watch on the player I see the splinning icon and then the VC018 error).

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
80 REPLIES 80
nds46
Message 1 of 81

Yet Again VC018, why MS rubbish?

Yet again I am getting the VC018 message tried on a Mac Book Pro and also a Windows 8 laptop and it has completely runied the FA cup semi final, listening on Radio 5 which over the internet is working just fine.

Why are you stiil using rubbish software i.e. silverlight?

The BBC iplayer (live and otherwise) works well as do a range of other software but BT continue to use rubbish, Could you please tell me why I should continue with BT Sport when it doesn't work consistently. You are supposed to be a high tech company but why are you not able to provide a consistent service? If this continues I will be cancelling BT Sport.

I don't expect you to respond, your support from India or wherever isn't any use as all they do is repeat what's on the website.

Get it fixed or I leave.

Neil

0 Ratings
Saeran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 81

Re: Yet Again VC018, why MS rubbish?

I'm getting this too ... after trying for days to fix a VC019 error...

0 Ratings
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 81

Re: VC018 - Why Is It Suddenly Appearing?

I'm getting it too. Others seem to also, so it doesn't look like a local problem.

0 Ratings
empress48
Contributor
Message 5 of 81

And i was worried it was just me. I enjoyed the game well the part i could watch.

I second nds46's post and i'd like to add that there is still no app so i can watch in on my smart TV Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
ctuck
Beginner
Message 6 of 81

Yep, same here.

Started watching to then receive this error!

0 Ratings
Darbo
Message 7 of 81

same here

was watching moto2

then the screen went blank

and vc018 ever since

0 Ratings
Rds233
Contributor
Message 8 of 81

Make that 4 Smiley Mad.

Online has been pretty reliable for quite a while until today, btw can sign into Ipad fine just not pc  even when no other streams running Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Saeran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 81

Same here...

0 Ratings
bursar
Message 10 of 81

I got this yesterday and today.

Having been watching online for hours it suddenly happened just prior to MotoGP qualifying and took 20 minutes before I could get back in.

Today, after watching the rugby and then the first part of MotoGP coverage it died 10 minutes before the Moto3 race and hasn't come back so far (now 50 minutes later).

This looks to me like the BT servers getting overloaded and kicking people off the video stream.  Once kicked off you can't get back on until the viewer numbers reduce or new servers come on stream.

It would be nice if the FAQ could be updated to actually explain what VC018 actually means.  I suspect the answer is too embarrassing - "We can't cope with the traffic volume."

Now I'm only going to be able to see this stuff tomorrow on catch up and that is really annoying.