cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenrid
Message 71 of 81

Re: VC018 BT Service Status - 13.04.14

finally got motoGP back , would have been nice to know before spending 2 days trying to fix something that wasn't my equipment fault.

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 72 of 81

@nick881 wrote:

How does that work? The main page that opens the video covered in ads that open another window saying something about installing a player.

ABP doesn't stop the windows/DIVs from appearing, but stops the content from appearing. It's a minor inconvenience to close the ad windows once the close buttons appear.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 73 of 81

Re: VC018 - Why Is It Suddenly Appearing?

@MotoGP_Steve wrote:

VC005 is session timeout. Just logged in and BT Sport App is working.

JUST IN TIME FOR MAIN RACE

Exactly the same for me. At least the main race was worth watching.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
nick881
Beginner
Message 74 of 81

Can't close them.... pressing the "x" just opens another browser window and the ads remain....

0 Ratings
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 81

I know its a bit late, but if you went full screen the pop ups would have dissapeared

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 76 of 81

In some cases you can't go fullscreen until the ad windows are closed.

As regards clicking the X spawning new windows ... not for me it doesn't. Which browser are you using? (I'm using Chrome).

Thanks
Ian
0 Ratings
nick881
Beginner
Message 77 of 81

Chrome too. Can't click on anything without a new window opening...... will do some more investgating so I've got a fallbacl for next time BTSport app falls over.

0 Ratings
robomatic
Beginner
Message 78 of 81

Just to add to the general complaints about the BT Sport online service, and share similar tales of woe from the weekend...

I switched internet provider for the sole reason of watching MotoGP.  Big mistake.  The service this weekend has been terrible.

On Saturday evening during qualifying I was dumped out of the video stream and got the now infamous vc018 error, this persisted right through to race day for moto3 and moto2.  During that time, I tried all the suggested fixes https://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/Top-tips-for-Silverlight-Issues-with-wa...

I remembered that I'd installed the lastest Microsoft security updates (Win7 32bit), so after getting nowhere with the official fixes, I also uninstalled those, including an IE11 update which /appeared/ to fix the problem... Reading this forum today it would appear that this wasn't necessary as the service was eventually restored. 

BT - you really need to take responsibility for the platform that you have chosen to deploy your content on.  While I understand that you think it's necessary to wrap everything up in a DRM framework to protect it from copying etc.. there are, as many have pointed out, other technologies that achieve this aim and that actually work properly (hello BBC and the relatively wonderful non-silverlight iPlayer)

Having experience sliverlight on Eurosport for superbike coverage last year, I should have expected similar problems with BT Sport.  Fool me twice, i guess...

Tonight, I'm going to reinstall the missing security patches - I'll be back if the problem reappears after this...

Anyone on the forums know what the cooling off period for BT Broadband/Infinity is?  I'd be better off switching back to PlusNet fibre (cheaper), and getting a MotoGP video pass.

/r

0 Ratings
robomatic
Beginner
Message 79 of 81

0 Ratings
Tech3
Contributor
Message 80 of 81

Well my error code has gone from VC018 to VC019 !!there is Nothing wrong with my pc because 3 weeks ago i watched the first opening moto gp race at qatar, i totally missed the america's Race including free practice and qualifying due to this STUPID setup from BT, if nothing happens in the next 48 hrs ! i'm leaving BT to switch over to sky, i would rather pay extra for a sport i can follow all year round without errors, and reading past posts i think others will also move from BT

0 Ratings