Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphmalph
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: VC019 ?HH2 issue

Go to solution

You are definately using win7 not Win XP?

It has to be there for Silverlight to work it is part of the DRM system.

0 Ratings
ralphmalph
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Just to check you have view system folders set on the system they are not hidden?

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

er, that's the firat thing I do with a new Windows.

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I really despair of ever getting this working.

I've tried everything on this forum.

The situation is still that I can't even logon with Firefox; with IE10 I get 6000/019 error.

I've tried contacting the mods - not even an acknowledgement.

Now what?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution
Hi ajwh,

Thanks for posting. We have your email in our queue and we'll get back to you soon.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Well,

I've received a boiler-plate reply which repeated all the standard tips, which I reported I had already tried, then advised me

"If you still can’t watch BT Sport online, it may be a more complex problem with your computer or software set-up which unfortunately we cant offer you support for.

Alternatively, we have a chargeable service called BT Tech Experts, who can help you with this issue as well as a huge range of other technical queries. To find out more about BT Tech Experts visit www.bt.com/techexperts or call 0800 328 7797. "

Not much help.

I've given up on BT Sport

0 Ratings
ralphmalph
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

until this file

mspr.hds

Is installed no silverlight program will ever run.  You have been told.

This is not a BT problem it is a Microsoft problem (BT can be blamed for using such a piece of useless software but it is still a Microsoft issue).

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

FIXED IT!!!!

The key was the folder c:\users\<your user name>\appdata\locallow\PlayReady (Win7 64).

Watching this folder while removing nad re-installing Silverlight, it didn't change - in particular mspr.hds wasn't written.

When I deleted the folder Silverlight recreated the folder, then wrote mspr.hds into it, and IE10 worked.

Having got IE10 working, the next issue was FF.

The error on trying to login suggested a security / cookie issue. To cut a long story short, the issue is a cookie called "Akamai_AnalyticsMetrics_clientId".

I had deleted this in response to a suggestion on this forum.

Bad move! When I restored an older version of cookies.squlite to my profile, everyhting worked.

I had also done the time update two or three times - I don't know if this was relevant.

SO:

My Suggestions:

Don't delete cookie Akamai_AnalyticsMetrics_clientId

Delete c:\users\<your user name>\appdata\locallow\PlayReady (Win7 64) before installing Silverlight.

rustypolo
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks for posting this solution. I have been trying since early March to get back BT Sport on my laptop using IE 10. When I tried BT via live chat their solution was to use Chrome - not a long term solution as Chrome no longer supports Silverlight. Used your suggestion today and problem solved.
0 Ratings