cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

VC547 and VC011D

Tonight failed to run any live sport on BT App i stalled to an iPad Mini Gen 4 with latest IOS 15.

Went through the whole turn it off and in again, reboot, uninstall then reinstall thing with BT chat.

Tested on my IPhone 11 ok and ended up watching my game on BT Sport via a bowser ok. It is not my account, but it is the device.

Why has it stopped working on my ipad mini? BT support says ipad mini gen 1 is a problem but I have gen 4. Error code of VC547 which I got is mentioned from 2020 in this chat but no solution offered.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: VC547 and VC011D

We have unfortunately identified a fault with iOS 15.4 on the iPad Mini 4. It's not just BT Sport affected - other video players are also affected, including ITV hub and Discovery+. Apple appear to have broken something in the OS update that is causing a critical system process to crash when trying to watch video. We've reported it to Apple, but have yet to receive any acknowledgement.

The only temporary workaround we've found so far is to try watching live TV in ITV player - it'll fail over and over, but then eventually work (after at least 15 attempts). Once it starts working, BT Sport will also then work - until the device is rebooted.

Unfortunately we've been unable to find anything we can do in our app to make it more reliable. We've also found that the iOS 15.5 beta doesn't behave any better.

We're currently at Apple's mercy.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply. I’ve been at the mercy of Apple for years! 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Note there is also an error that excludes Safari too - happy days!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Afraid so - Apple totally broke video playback in Safari. That one is less of an issue though, as every device capable of running Safari is also capable of running a number of other supported browsers.
Message 6 of 6

Yep! Google Chrome ☺️

0 Ratings