Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

VC549 Error

Go to solution
Spoiler
Spoiler
Unable to watch live sport using the app on my smart TV, but I can watch playback. Live sport works on my phone. Have tried reinstalling the app, any help please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: VC549 Error

Go to solution

Numerous post if you used search.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/VC549/m-p/2186033

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Read this already, wanted to see if anyone has had any progress. essentially I won't be able to watch live football on my TV using this app, pointless!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
The error basically means that your TV failed to obtain a licence to watch the video.
It is most likely caused by a poor connection - the TV has 30 seconds to get the licence otherwise it'll fail. It could also be an incorrect clock, but that is rare.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

My connection is good, the error appears within 10 seconds from selecting. Amazon prime is working , I intend on watching the rugby live on it tomorrow as I did last weekend, see if still works.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

It is now working, and streaming rugby live in the other room. When it did fail to play, I noticed that the channel schedule was showing the wrong shows from shows in the morning.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

That's really useful info thanks @Carys1234 !

Sounds like something had caused your clock to go wrong, which definitely would have caused the VC549 you were seeing.

I'll suggest to the team that a device clock check is added, so that a more helpful error message can be shown.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks keep you updated.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

You were right @Carys1234 - your device clock was 9.5 hours slow on Friday evening, causing VC549 on all your attempts to watch BT Sport.

Thanks to your feedback, we're immediately starting work on adding clock validation to all our apps.  Where we can see that it's a long way out, we can warn users with a helpful message instead of VC549.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

This has just happened to me whilst watching the Villareal vs Man Utd match on my Samsung Smart TV.

My TV's clock is showing the correct time and the app is showing the correct programmes.

Hope a fix can be sorted soon. 

0 Ratings