cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

VC549

Seems no one at BT knows why this error code appears on my TV.  I can't watch live football as a result. Tried logging out and back in - deleting and reinstalling -  on and off at mains. Run out of ideas. They were supposed to get back to me but didn't!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: VC549

It's a Samsung TV and had BT Sport before: I cancelled it early this summer and recently came back. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Your TV is failing to retrieve a licence to watch the content.

2 suggestions:

1. Reboot your internet router

2. Factory reset your TV

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Okay thanks, I will try this.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Tried both - none worked.

Can someone help me get BT Sport LIVE sport on my Samsung TV (I used to)?

Computer upstairs gets it....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Re: VC549 NOW )possibly) SOLVED!

Tech staff said it wasn't a BT code. They said it was probably my Samsung TV code. 

Samsung tech said I had to update software. After numerous attempts it seems to work on BT Sport although it has just come up with the error code after a few minutes watching the live cricket!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

From our logs, I can see that you finally managed to play BT Sport 1 for 11 minutes before it failed.  In that 11 minutes, your connection speed was awful - almost at the lowest possible quality that we offer.  It eventually failed due to a network related error - so possibly your TV lost connection entirely for a moment?

How is your TV connected to your internet?  Wifi?  Ethernet cable? Powerline adapters?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Wifi: router upstairs, TV downstairs.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

So maybe I need a router booster?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Is there anything you can do to temporarily test whether improving the signal helps? Either moving the TV nearer the router, or the router (via an extension socket) nearer to the TV? Just for 20 minutes to see if the problem goes away.
0 Ratings