cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

VP216

Hi, error code VP216 keeps popping up when I try and use the bt sport app on my s21 ultra when connected to WiFi, the app works fine when using mobile data but just keeps giving the error code when connected to WiFi so I am unable to cast to my TV. I have recently just switched to a different ISP and had no problems before the switch. I have seen other post on here that it could be down to ip addresses so just looking for some help with this. Thanks Ash

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: VP216

You're correct that it's caused by your IP address - our system believes your IP address isn't in the UK.  A quick with a few different IP lookup providers shows a mix - some thing your ISP is in Bristol, and some think Russia.

I've asked our IP provider to check their records, but this can take a few days to update. The best I can suggest at this point is that you reboot your router with the hope of getting a new IP that isn't blocked.  Be sure to restart the BT Sport app after each IP address change, to force it to recognise the change.

Message 3 of 3

Re: VP216

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried restarting my router and login in and out again buts it's now giving me error code LP205. I'll wait a few days and see if your ip provider can provide an update. Thanks Ash.

0 Ratings