cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren_G
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Very Poor picture quality

I have the BT Sport working but watching it on my laptop the picture quality is awful. Trying to watch it in Full HD.

The laptop has all the latest drivers and updates etc. My broadband speed is over 4Mb.

Any ideas??

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Darren_G
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Very Poor picture quality

I only got broadband from BT to watch BtSport also......Thinking that I should cancel whilst I still can and let SKY have my money.
0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Agreed. BT need to come out and tell us what they're doing to improve the online service. Other similar services work fine so why don't theirs?
0 Ratings
Darren_G
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

The only way that I have been able to watch online is to LOWER the screen resolution to 1280 x 720.

ESPN looks very good at this resolution, pity it does not work at 1920 x 1080......

BUT BTSport 1 & 2 the image quality is still poor, frequent pixelation, dropped frames. Generally poor.

After being passed around for over 2 hours on the online customer ' help ' service, I am not sure whether or not that I am getting BTSport in HD, The ONLY reason for me signing up with BT in the first place.

I am having SKY installed on Wednesday, let's hope BT have sorted things out by then!! If not I will definately be cancelling BT, all services from BT and letting Sky have my business.

There seems to be FAR TOO MUCH of people complaining about BT here, This is making me question my choice......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

cancellation after the service has gone live will incur cancellation fees equivalent to the total amount of your outstanding contract period you can only cancel for free before the service goes live
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 6 of 10

I was thinking how good the picture quality was. I think people are expecting too much, it's a lot better than the picture quality on Sky Go.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

I'm with you on this one, I was surprised how good it was. Maybe it's the "glass half full half empty" scenario.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 10

I just checked my laptop 1st time and yes stream quality was not
that good but I put that down to my power line adapters, will try wired tomorrow
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Never mind
0 Ratings
clutha
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi, just joined forums.

Got the youview box in June and so far so good, but....., sport quality is a big disappointment, I'm interested to hear views from those who have tried hard wire connection.

I've tried laptop (Apple)/tv via HDMI cable, not good, laptop viewing, not good, and ipad viewing, not good.

We are told fibre optic is coming atthe end of the year.

Is it just a case of being patient?

I had eurosport on line for a while, again, not good.

I have tried dodgy streaming sites  and some were pretty good but it usually took until halftime in a football match to find a good one! And that was with O2 broadband at twice the speed I get now.

Roll on the fibre opticSmiley Indifferent

0 Ratings