cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladybay
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Video of football match not continuous on BT Sport

I am not referring to getting blank screens or failure messages.  The video streaming is not continuous.  So, with one camera position you cannot follow continuously, for example, the ball being passed, the flight of the ball and completion of the pass. It's as though some of the video frames are missing. It can be particularly frustrating when a goal is scored - you may see the ball being kicked and next you see the players after the ball is in the net. I use an iMac. Any suggestions on the problem? I don't suffer this problem on my TV.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Video of football match not continuous on BT Sport

Hi @ladybay Sorry you are not getting the full viewing experience watching the BT Sport App.

I've had a look at the help pages and found the below information:

Tips if you're connecting over wi-fi:

• Try another wi-fi connection
  • Connect to a BT Home Hub whenever possible
  • Try moving nearer to the wi-fi signal
  • Ask other users of the same connection to stop downloading large files
  • If your device is capable, try connecting using an Ethernet cable

Tips if you're connecting to the app over a 3G or 4G mobile connection:

• Try connecting over wi-fi where possible
  • Move to find a stronger signal
  • Try checking mobile coverage on your mobile provider's website
  • Close or uninstall other apps that are running on your device. Data storage apps in particular use a lot of data

Try these out and post back to let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

ladybay
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thank you, John

It's not because my wife who uses the same wifi is downloading big files.  I cannot use an Ethernet cable because my iMac is in an upstairs office while the BT Hub is downstairs adjacent to the BT external cable box. I cannot move my PC nearer to the wi-fi signal. However, I  can look at BT Sport on my wife's Macbook Pro, which is adjacent to the BT Hub, to see whether the problem continues or not.  If the problem persists, I can fit an Ethernet cable between the BT Hub and mt wife's Macbook Pro to investigate further. I will report back.  By the way,  it's only recently that I have suffered this problem.  I have been watching BT Sport for a number of years without this problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @ladybay Thanks for the update and do come back after you have completed further investigations and hopefully resolved the issue but if not we will be happy to step in to see what we can do to help you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
ladybay
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Hello John

Just watched first half of Chelsea vs Newcastle on BT Sport 2 on my wife's Macbook Pro which is adjacent to BT Hub. Got same problem of discontinuous streaming as on my iMac which is distant from the hub.  Switched to BETA application and I no longer had the problem on Macbook Pro. Went back to my iMac and still had problem but BETA application not available.  The problem also applied to BT Sport 1. So it seems that the problem is with the BT standard application.  Why isn't BETA application generally available and why doesn't BT do something about the problem on its standard application? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that the BETA version has been rolled out as the default player. If it suits can you give it a try for the match tonight and post back to let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ladybay
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hello Neil

Thank you for your message.  I obviously scored a 'bulls eye!'

I watched United play Tottenham last night and the BETA version worked fine.

I (and probably others who have picked up my posts) am miffed that BT have been using a player which didn't work properly.

0 Ratings
ladybay
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Hello Neil

My euphoria was short-lived! Missed Arsenal's first three goals yesterday on my iMac because of problems using the BETA version.  The usual problem of discontinuous streaming continued for the rest of the match.  I will go back to testing on my wife's Macbook Pro and report back.  I am getting a download speed on my iMac of 46.6 Mbps.

0 Ratings
ladybay
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

I report latest developments.  I can get the BT Sport application to provide continuous viewing of movement with Safari (OSX 10.11.6) but not with Firefox 57.0. Any comments would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Same here on a MacBook Pro.  I have Infinity 1.  Safari 11.0.3.  MacOS 10.3.3.

Every couple of minutes it'll stutter and it's like one frame every couple of seconds.  Watched Ronaldo take a pen for Real Madrid - except I didn't because one frame he's starting his run-up, next frame he's running back to centre circle.  I assume he scored.

It's pathetic.

0 Ratings