Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Want to watch BT Sport on TV screen

Go to solution

I have BT phone and broardband package with BT Sport. I watch BT Sport on my IPad but would like to watch on a larger screen.

Can this be done using a BT Mini YouView box and is a monthly subscription required ?

As an alternative can BT Sport be watched from my IPad using Airplay and how is this done ?

If anybody can help me i would be very greatful

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Want to watch BT Sport on TV screen

Go to solution

Hi @Buster47 thanks for posting. Is your BT Sport app provided as part of a BT Mobile contract? If so you can't cast it to your TV. To get the version of the App that you can cast to Chormecast or Apple TV you'd need a BT TV subscription or pay for the BT Sport app which costs £9 per month.

With the Mini Youview box you can get BT Sport but you'd need also need a subscription. Check our this link for more info on the ways you can watch the BT Sport service on TV. Post back if you've any questions.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil O, My BT Sport app is not part of  BT Mobile contract, it is an add on to the phone and broardband package which is Superfast Fibre 1 30GB. I pay £6 for BT sport Lite [that is what it says on the bill] but i can watch Sport 1,2 or 3 ok using the IPad or on MacPro through Google Chrome although it will buffer when the adds are shown at half time watching rugby which is a small problem compaired to some using a MacPro

As i pay for BT Sport will i be able to use Chromecast ? and is the £9 fee something different ?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Can you connect the MacPro to the TV with an HDMI cable? That is what I do for online services which do not support casting on my Windows laptop.
0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Gomezz, yes that is what i do at the present. I used to do it via safari then had terrible problems so i now view via google chrome. I can usually get through one half of a rugby match ok but as soon as half time comes and they go into adverts buffering occurs so i have to start again for the second half but somtimes just before the final whistle  it will buffer again.

I am trying to find out if i can watch bt sport via chromecast  using Ipad which has no problems, any advice would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The BT Sport App on iPad can be used with Chromecast on a TV. As I understand it though you either have to subscribe to BT TV or the BT Sport App. The Link from NielO gives the details and suggests you will get a free Chromecast if subscribing to BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply and yes i think you are correct having looked at NeilO's link

0 Ratings