cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barcabaggies
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Watching BT SPORT through Firefox

I have the bt sport thru Broadband.  I use my Amazon Firestick to watch BT sport but there is currently an issue with the app. Can someone post a bullet point of how to watch via Firefox? I installed this yesterday but when attempting to watch today says issue regards cookies? So  I have uninstalled Firefox 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Watching BT SPORT through Firefox

Hi @Barcabaggies, thanks for posting, the problem with the firestick is ongoing and we're working on a fix. Sorry about the inconvenience caused in the meantime.  

Your browser needs to be set up to accept cookies to allow BT sport to work and to do this on firefox you need to follow the below instructions. 

1. Go to Menu > Options > Privacy & Security
  2. Under ‘History’, select ‘Use custom settings for history’ from the drop-down menu
  3. Put a tick in the ‘Accept cookies from websites’ option
  4. Select 'Always' from the 'Accept third-party cookies’ drop-down menu
  5. Close the menu and then refresh the page. The player should now work

If this doesn't work I'd recommend you also try other browsers like google chrome or internet explorer.

0 Ratings
Barcabaggies
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Can't see menu on the Firefox home screen.?
0 Ratings
Barcabaggies
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I've tried installing FF, accepting all cookies on the Front screen of BT TV. it allows me to log in but when attempting to watch a channel I'm still getting the messsage VCO86 manage cookie settings?
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 6

Looks like Firefox has changed a bit since those instructions were written @Barcabaggies . You need to select the 3 horizontal bars in the top right corner of Firefox, then select Options.

From there, select Privacy & Security on the left hand side.

There's a big box labelled "Standard" at the top on the right, below which you'll find "Strict" and "Custom".  Select the "Custom" option and make sure "Cookies" says "Cross-site and social media trackers".

Then close that tab and try playing video again.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

While FF is my default browser I find it fussy when playing online services so for those I use Chrome instead. You may want to give that a go.
0 Ratings