Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sloojy
Message 1 of 9

Watching BT Sport from previous day

Go to solution

Morning, 

Totally new to this but thought I would try before ringing BT and appearing stupid!

I can go on MyView and look at the previous days programmes and watch them without problem.

However when I try to watch the rugby game on BT sport from the previous day which I missed it shows up but just says not available in the bottom left corner.  Is is not possible to watch such programmes?

Many thanks for any help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Watching BT Sport from previous day

Go to solution

when you say 'my view' I take it you mean you have set it to record and have it in your recorded programs and not just you are trying to go back a day in the TV guide and play it.

Not sure about rugby but I know the football becomes available in the BT Vision On Demand section about 48 hours after it was on live.

0 Ratings
Sloojy
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

No, I forget to set record so wanted to go to the previous day in My Guide as I can with BBC, etc and watch the programme from the guide showing the previous day - these say available, where BT sport says not available.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Unfortunately only the channels with Catch-up players are capable of catch-up play from the TV guide. i.e. BBC via i-player,CH5 via demand5, Ch4 via 4OD and ITV via ITV player. The amount of channels are limited (and also not all content is available). It will have a play symbol with the programme name if it is capable of playing it on catch-up.

The BT vision section does have a few extra players that can play programmes from there (including a BT sport channel player) so that would be your only chance of getting it if you haven't recorded it (assuming of course you have a BTTV subscription).

0 Ratings
Sloojy
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Oh that is a shame.  Yes we have the subscription.  We do like the BT Broadband Infinity which is much faster,a nd the phone is fine (all in all much cheaper than Sky who we were with before) but there are a lot of things BT need to sort to be anywhere near as good as Sky Tv.

Many thanks for your help and information.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Are you talking about the YouView service not BT Vision?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I understand what you are saying but you have to remember YouView has only been around a year and BTTV only really since August (with their full weight behind it). Whereas Sky have been at this for a decade (and certainly make you pay for it). I personally think BTTV has made a fantastic start and fingers crossed over the next 12 months will really start to catch-up even more. Only time will tell.

Like I say you may find the rugby will appear on the BT Vision player in a day or two but maybe someone with a better knowledge of the rugby might be able to confirm.

P.S. as Skappy says I think this should be in the YouView section not the BT Vision.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

BT Sport does have catchup on some programmes. Generally for rugby or football  the catchup they provide is not the full live match programme but rather the shorter recorded highlight  programme that is broadcast later.  So you won't find a play me option in the backwards EPG  for the live programme but you may/should see such an option in the EPG for the highlight programme when it is available. Alternatively  you can check the CATCHUP - BTSport section  or the ON DEmand -BT Sport areas of the BT Vision player. Saturday's game would normally be expected to be available by today.

0 Ratings
Sloojy
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Oh, thank you for that, yes I have been looking but could only find the 2 minute highlight video.

I will check again today and see if the full match is availble.

0 Ratings