cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berryr1
Message 1 of 7

Watching Live Sport on TV screen with BT Sport App

Go to solution

I recently subscribed to a new BT Mobile contract which includes the BT Sport App. I can watch live  sport on my iPhone, but I'm unable to stream to an Apple TV box onto a TV screen. Reading the small print of my mobile contract confirms that streaming or casting does not work.

So I've downloaded the new BT Sport App on my Apple TV box. I can watch catch up, etc on the TV, but unable to watch live sport. When logging on with my BT account credentials I get a spurious message telling me that there are many ways to watch live sport. - My only option appears to be on the iPhone.

I have BT Broadband, which I understand entitles me to use the BT Sport App to watch live. But this doesn't work.

I've made numerous calls to BT product lines and help lines, none of whom are able to resolve the matter. They have suggested that I subscribe to BT TV, and this will include BT Sport. When I try to subscribe to BT TV I receive a message stating that my line does not support BT TV.

I would be happy to pay extra to watch live via the BT Sport App on the Apple TV, even if that meant sacrificing BT Sport on my mobile contract. But nobody at BT appears to know if this is an option.

Anybody out there able to advise?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Watching Live Sport on TV screen with BT Sport App

Go to solution

I think that the BT Mobile access to BT Sports only allows small screen access (mobile) and doesn't allow casting etc. 

To watch on the full screen app, you'll need a full BT Sport subscription which you can get with a BT TV or BT Broadband package... 

To have BT TV, you also need to have BT Broadband 

robotman1
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

That as far as I know would be correct @NigelB72 

0 Ratings
berryr1
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies.

However, you will note in my initial post that I already have BT Broadband. And for some reason BT's systems will not allow me to order BT TV. 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @berryr1 

Post 6 in this thread gives a brief explanation of what's needed. Your download speed may be preventing you from ordering BT TV, I'd would suggest calling BT and ask for BT Sport to be added as part of your broadband, as suggested in the thread. It may take a few attempts to get what you need, perseverance doesn't need to be in short supply when dealing with BT sometimes 😣

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Are you on normal broadband or infinity?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @berryr1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

The BT Sport App subscription that comes free with some BT Mobile packages doesn't offer the option to cast to a larger screen. The only way to cast to a larger screen using the BT Sport App is by taking BT Sport over BTTV or SKY as this gives you a slightly different BT Sport App subscription which includes the option to cast.

As long as multicast is available in your area you should be able to get BTTV. It could be a simple case of our records being incorrect which is stopping you from ordering BTTV. You can check if multicast is available using the DSL checker. 

Any questions please let me know. 

Matt