cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neolithic
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

We're sorry but you do not have a BT broadband account

I am a BT Infinity customer and have been since it launched. I log into my account and under "my extras" is the BT Sports service along with a button to "activate". I only want to watch online and do not use BT Vision.

Clicking the button takes me to a screen that shows my account number. There is a radio box to select the account which I have selected. The screen then says verifying details or something similar. I am then informed that "We're sorry but you do not have a BT broadband account" and I cannot go any further.

Has anyone else had this problem and have you resolved it?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
barneyjing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: We're sorry but you do not have a BT broadband account

Yes - I have this issue...

...and no, it hasn't been resolved

I can view on satellite but not online (I have Infinity 2)

I tried the live chat twice (wait 30 odd minutes to get to the front of the queue and then got told there were no operators available).

I then got through to the technical team last night & after about 30+ mins of them trying things out they said it would be fixed at their end during the following 2-4 hours.... ....but I still can't view online / via app today.

Not a great start

0 Ratings
pwoodhouse767
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Same problem, I was suggested a password reset (via email), which not surprisingly made no difference..

0 Ratings
unabatedshagie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, another one with this issue.

0 Ratings
MalcsHelp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

A lot of the problems are caused by BT not including your telephone number in your account details. Log-in then go  Edit Account. No need to enter your password on this page, just click (Back to my Profile) you will be at "Welcome to your My BT Profile page" where your account number is shown click Edit and make sure your Current telephone number is inserted, save and go back to BT Sports page and try again. Good Luck

0 Ratings
doogal4
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Re: We're sorry but you do not have a BT broadband account FIXED

Same problem, eventually called back by great Tech Support guy.  What you have to do is sign up again via BT.com, (top right on BT.com page), same account number but use your BT BROADBAND email address (...@btinternet.com) and a new password.  After you complete everything you access BT Sport with your previous account email address as usual.

Awesome video quality!

Good luck!

0 Ratings