Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What is the BT TV App for?

What is this App used for?

I have the Big Entertainment pack, but it only shows me the AMC channel to view live!?

It shows me all of my recorded programmes, but says I can only watch them on my TV box!?

it also shows me a ‘Downloads’ list (which is empty). Can I download programmes to view on the go? How do I do that?

If I have to use a ‘Freeview’ App on my tablet to watch the Freeview channels, and the NOWTV App to watch my subscription channels, I don’t really see what the BT TV App is for!?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NeilO
Message 2 of 7

Re: What is the BT TV App for?

Hi @NilocW40, It's used to enable customers to stream the BT TV provided channels, as you're on the Big entertainment plan most of your channels are provided via Now TV so that's the app you need to use.  Customers on our older BT TV plans that are not on Now TV are able to stream all their subscription channels on the BT TV app.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 7

You can also the BT TV app to set/cancel/delete recordings on your YouView box - handy when someone else is watching TV and you don't want to disturb them, or you're out and about and forgot to set your favourite show to record before you left.
0 Ratings
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

But you can’t watch the recordings in the App or remotely in any way?
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 7

Correct - there's no way to watch the recordings, as the box has no way to make them available anywhere outside of the box.
0 Ratings
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Why couldn’t they be downloaded for offline viewing, or even streamed if on the home network!? (You can with Virgin Media)
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 7

There are a number of technical and legal reasons why it's just not possible with current YouView boxes. We're aware that this feature is available from other providers.

0 Ratings