cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaMacFunkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

White Square During Casting

Hi, why does there need to be a big white square in the corner of the screen during casting? The Chromecast is a secure device, surely there is no need for it???

i have a very expensive oled tv, there is no way I could watc your service for any length of time, I would end up with screen burn in As the square doesn’t even go off on the adverts.

how does the square stop piracy anyhow on non secure devices? It doesn’t, just get rid of it and leave us to watch without the extra invasion - on a 78 inch screen it really is off putting.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: White Square During Casting

THere are different symbol of different platforms - Sky and BT do it.

It helps them identify where streams - which may be streaming illegally - are coming from.

Was being discussed here at one time - White square on Bt Sport channels 

BT Sport and Sky Sport seem to use a white square on the main streaming services.

BT's UHD uses a SIM card shaped logo.

Streams for pubs have a pint glass symbol.

Streams on VirginMedia have an adapted VM logo.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
0 Ratings
DaMacFunkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The sky one is in the bottom right, is hollow  and goes of during adverts, your reply doesn’t address any of the concerns I raised.

0 Ratings
Beautifulspence
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Can anyone tell me what the circle inside the square is in the right hand corner of my tv screen when casting?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Beautifulspence welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

You may notice a white square at the top-right of the screen when you're watching live BT Sport channels on the app or online.

It's nothing to worry about. The graphic is there to clearly identify video streams originating from the app and website, to prevent their unlawful use.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Popeye13_Official
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Have to agree with the OP: does it have to be so big and does it have to be at the top of the screen? The constant clashing with graphics and your own channel logo's when its moved around to match scorebars on Europa League etc makes it look a mess and frankly, an eye-sore!

0 Ratings