cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tralph
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Why am I paying for something I am not getting.

I have waited for three months to be able to watch bt sport on my tv. In May I was eventually told it was a fault at the exchange and it would be fixed by July the 31st. I waited until after that date and tried again still not working.

I got a letter telling me to renew my contract or pay £5 per month for BT Sport. I renewed my contract and took up the option for BT Sport HD which I paid an addition fee monthly.

Went online chat and they made me run loads of tests, which I had done before being told it would be July 31st, all to no avail. An engineer visits. He tells me again it is the exchange. Later that day I get a phone call telling me it will be fixed on the 12th of August.

You guessed it I waited until the 12th of August. Nothing. Went back online. Did athe requested tests yet again. Was told I need an engineer. Told them about my last experience was told no this time they would get it working. Engineer came today and surprise surprise it is the exchange.

Why do BT

1 Sign contracts and take money they cannot fulfill?

2 Keep making promises they probable know they will not fulfill?

3 Not just be honest and say I cannot get it on my TV?

I wonder if anybody at BT reads these forums?????

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Why am I paying for something I am not getting.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi tralph,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry the sports HD hasn't been activated yet. If you have an open fault then I'm sure it's being dealt with but if you're not happy at the way it's progressing I can lend a hand. Just send over the details and we'll take a look. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tralph
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Not just BT Sport HD have been waiting to be able to see BT Sport at all through my view box it has never worked since I moved to this house. Would not work at my last address because I could not get infinity there. So when I signed up in this new home I thought great now I will get it. Three months later still getting told all kinds of stories about why I cant but nothing is getting done even though I have been given a number of dates.

0 Ratings
tralph
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Do not see a contact link no matter what I try.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi tralph,

If you click on my username you'll see the 'contact the mods' link.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tralph
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Nope still don't see even after doing that and I am signed in
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hi tralph,

Sorry about that. I've also made the contact the mods link visible, if you click on my username you'll see it under the about me section on the left side of the webpage. 

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tralph
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Have tried and tried to get the contact list and other things but it keeps just knocking me off. Never mind it seems I am not alone not getting the service promised in the contract. If stopped my side of the contract it would be a different story.
0 Ratings
tralph
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

I have now been waiting and paying for months for BT sport through my bt view box. It is still not happening and despite two engineers vists and reports about the problem. Numerous contact with customer service the problem still persists and I still just get a blank screen. So the only way I can watch bt sport is on my computer. Who wants to sit at their computer all night watching tv? NOT ME.

0 Ratings