cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H1UAM
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Why do BT Sport commentators give scores of matches being shown simultaneously

I’ve subscribed to BT Sport to watch both Champions League and Europa League football. BT Sport shows simultaneously matches which I record to watch in full. However, the enjoyment is spoilt by the commentators announcing other match scores. Turning the sound off does not help as scores are also displayed on scree. Greatly disappointed.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why do BT Sport commentators give scores of matches being shown simultaneously

This has been aired many times on this forum, it happens on other sports too, e.g.  rugby union. It is an abhorrent practice but BT seem to think it’s ok to spoil the enjoyment of their paying customers. It’s not as if people can’t get ongoing scores by other means as anyone watching BT Sports is bound to have either broadband or a mobile account and therefore the means to get results elsewhere. 

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 14

Re: Why do BT Sport commentators give scores of matches being shown simultaneously

Despite their denials the people who run BT Sport are not true sports fans. They just don't get it.
0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

To give BT their due, it happens on all platforms. BBC 5 Live used to do the same on the 3 o’clock Saturday game pre COVID-19 if there were multiple games on, and Sky do it during the NFL coverage. 

However, I agree it is very annoying 

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

The problem is there is nowhere to complain other than this forum which is only monitored by moderators and I doubt they will take this issue to the people who decide on these matters. BT must make quite a good deal of money from the companies  who advertise on their services, I wonder how they would feel if they were aware people are'nt  watching their adverts because of this.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

@TheRealBudskiwrote:

To give BT their due, it happens on all platforms. BBC 5 Live used to do the same on the 3 o’clock Saturday game pre COVID-19 if there were multiple games on, and Sky do it during the NFL coverage. 

However, I agree it is very annoying 

That's the crux as annoying as it is it happens everywhere so I've no idea where the BT Sport not being sports fans comes into it. I wonder if we should complaint to all other broadcasters as well?

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

That is also the crux, there is nowhere on the BT system where such a complaint can be made. A suggestions tab in the forums would be a help but only if the BT Staff for following it through looked at it. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 14

@TheRealBudskiTo be fair to 5 Live their remit is sport *and* news. For example, I wouldn't consider listening to a football commentary live on there (or Talksport for that matter) this Saturday as they will be letting us know what is happening in the Six Nations matches which I want to watch unspoilered.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

@gomezz  providing you watch this weekends 6 Nations live that won’t be a problem as they run consecutively. The problem with BT Sport is that they announce the scores  and show clips for games they are also showing live on parallel  channels which we would like to record and watch consecutively without knowing the score beforehand. Even if other providers do the same there is no need for BT to follow them. It’s all about choice and BT aren’t giving us that choice.

0 Ratings
H1UAM
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Champions League. I watched Liverpool the other night. There was no mention about Man City. However, when I later watched Man City the commentator gave the Liverpool score. Glad I watched Liverpool first. Maybe we should bombard commentators and pundits twitter accounts.

0 Ratings