cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickrjb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: Why doesnt BT Sport work with XP sp3?

Hi

I have also been having problems with BT sport on an old XP machine and tried most of the suggestions on the forum; clearing cache, resetting time, etc, etc.

The important information re the config issues/s appears to be in the error code preceding VC019.  For example, 6030 means the 'licence contains unsupported licence protection' whereas 6025 is a different issue related to video playback once the DRM licence has been obtained. 

I finally got it 'working' on IE last night by:

1) Loading an old version of Silverlight.  I also deleted the file mspr.hds in the PlayReady directory. Note, this file seems to get created everything you go into BT Sport so needs deleting each time.

2) I started BT Sport and the error code has changed from the oriiginal 6030 to 6025 which suggests BT Sport may have obtained the appropriate DRM licence.  I 'continued ' anyway and BT Sport started streaming.

Now the bad news, streams for 10 mins or so, then drops WiFi connection - grrrrrr!

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 36

From the number of issues and complaints littering the various web forums it seems the fact of the matter is that BT Sport is either very flaky or does not work at all for many users using XP and SP3.  I have now given up and asked them to remove my access to remove any further temptation for me to try and get this to work as it is driving me nuts.  I spent an hour on the phone to the helpdesk last night and they are clearly aware of the huge number of issues with this implementation.  He suggested I use Opera 9.64. Or upgrade my computer to Windows 8.   Guess what Opera 9.64 isn't compatible with the latest version of silverlight.  If this implementation will not work with XP SP3 and the latest versions of IE, Firefox and Silverlight that are designed to work with this Operating System version someone really needs to get a grip.   Clearly no one has a clue how to fix this.    Why ever did they choose Silverlight?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 36

Because Microsoft PlayReady is the widest deployed DRM technology in the world
http://www.microsoft.com/playready/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 36

I can run BT Sport on Xp(SP3) without any problems. I assume that the people with problems may not have the correct codecs installed.

I have Windows Media Player 11 installed with following codecs,( list by using - Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Sound Video and Game Controllers)

Video Codecs

iccvid.dll

Indeo®Video 5.10

ir32_32.dll

ir41_32.ax

iyuv_32.dll

msh261.drv

msh263.drv

msrle32.dll

msvidc32.dll

msyuv.dll

tsbyuv.dll

Media Control Devices

mciavi32.dll

mcicda.dll

mciqtz32.dll

mciseq.dll

mciwave.dll

This may help , but I would not guarantee, given the various problems reported.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 36

There's codecs available here http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
iamthecat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 36

Also me and lot of others can watch any stream channels through our broadband connection on xp sp3 anytime.The only stream we cant watch is the BT sport stream.Now being 18.09.13 still we can not watch it.
I did say at the beginning when BT launched Bt sport the same day they blocked the stream from First Free Live sports for uk.To me block that stream line for First Free Sports for uk and launch your own Bt sport stream at the same time.You blocked yourselfs Bt sport stream.Iam on about desktops connected to the modem.Not wireless connections.As wireless is through transmitters not through the phone line to your house.I dont know if that is write but hell it sounds like they blocked themselves on BT sports stream line
0 Ratings
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 27 of 36

I have same software on two computers (a quite old Media Packard Bell, and a fairly old Dell). The responses I have had from BT's help line, plus additional input from one of their higher level tekkies, have confirmed that my Dell's hardware falls below the 4 Gb 64 Bit RAM Processor, and the Packard Bell just misses out with it's 4 Gb 32 Bit RAM Processor. However BT have never once advised that my Windows XP sp3 software is also below their minimum requirements to receive their live BT Sports/ESPN internet feed.

It's just like a giant game of Snakes & Ladders, for those old enough to remember 😉

Why BT never researched their EXISTING BT Infinity customer base's many & varied computer hardware & software specs, before launching their BT Sports/ESPN package, is beyond the pale! As their assumption that one broadcast platform "fits all" is sadly a major error!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 36

Presumably you still have a CRT TV, a video recorder and a gramophone.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 29 of 36

Ray, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ! Take a look at all the queries on this forum, coming in from Bt.Com Sports customers - and it is clear that BT have launched a product, and made an awful assumption that all customers would have their (BT's) specced hardware & software. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I get LIVE Sky Sports tv "feed" PERFECTLY via my current hardware and software, therefore I stand by my remarks that the launch of BT's & ESPN Sports channels via the internet is flawed due to BT's assumption that all their customers have the same (latest) level of hardware equipment and software, to receive BT's LIVE broadcasts. As a paying customer and a small BT shareholder, I am very disillusioned (IMHO) with this strategy, as it's a clear case of the old addage ...... Never ASSUME, as it makes an ASS of U and ME (in this case U is BT !) and for your further information, as a small shareholder, I will make every attempt to attend BT's next Annual General Meeting, and voice my disappointment with their "patchy" launch of such an important new product. FYFI, I am now a State pensioner, who was lucky enough to be amongst an elite group of UK senior managers who were presented to Princess Anne in the mid-nineties, for our joint efforts in achieving record annual agricultural vehicle sales to the UK & Republic of Ireland; so I believe I'm qualified in recognising a good, mediocre or bad launch of a product in the market place, and the attendant causal factors for a successful ,or otherwise, result! However, I'm sure we both hope that BT resolve their current problems with providing an acceptable quality of service to ALL their customers for the LIVE sports channels transmitted via the net (including of course ESPN).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 36

It looks like it works fine on all current devices, but you can't expect it to work on old hardware and operating systems that are unsupported. Perhaps you could buy an up-to-date PC?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings