cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patches38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 36

Re: BT Sport work with XP sp3? It works for some.

1. Does, or does not,  BT Sport work on XP sp3 with Silverlight ( and either IE8, Chrome or Firefox ) installed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 36

An earlier poster confirmed it does work
http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/Why-doesnt-BT-Sport-work-with-XP-sp3/m-p...
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
iamthecat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 36

Re: Why doesnt BT Sport work with XP sp3?

Since the launch date 1.08.13  of BT sport i still can not watch it on my BT broadband.Just read your posts and we are not the only ones in the uk that cant get to watch Bt Sport through our BT broadband connection.I did put post up in august and still the same still cant watch Bt sport online.By the way iam on xp all up to date and an tech was here with his vista etc and still negative with all pc we tried to watch Bt sport on them.Also other streaming channels you can watch no problem at all on any computer.Its only BT sport  stream you cant get as its blocked in sending the stream to your desk top computers.But BT Techs and mods  do not accept that it is blocked.Instead they have you reboot etc for no resaon at all when they know the problem is at the main computer of BT that is not send ing the right stream out to us customers in the uk!!

0 Ratings
patches38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Ta for your input Iamthecat.....wonder if there is a way we can get all XP sp3 users having the same problem to get this message across....it looks as if BT are unwilling to accept there is a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 36

As some XP sp3 users have it working, I think the problem is your end.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
caprifan
Contributor
Message 16 of 36

Thats just the problem though isnt it ! it works for some so the problem must lie with the customer`s equipment !

there has to be a common denominator here it simply isnt an isolated incident,i think Bt`s stance on this is quite pathetic 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 36

I have Windows 7  on my main PC but I did try out the BT sport on a older infrequently used PC and it worked reasonably over a wired connection - over a wireless conmnection it functioned far less reliably.

I then updated the XP computer with all the windows updates and software updates that were outstanding since I last used it online a few months back.  After applying all these updates I had problems with Bt Sport - I removed the Ad Aware Fre antivirus that was on the Pc and Bt sport axcctivated successfully.

The unfortunate truth is that there can be many reasons why an older computer with old components and loaded with a multitude of software applications over a number of years use may experience problems with Silverlight.  Given that Microsoft are stopping support for XP in April next year its days are numbered.

You can probably get the sports application running on your XP Pcs but you may have to disable or remove other software that you don't wish to.

patches38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 36

Re: Why doesnt BT Sport work with XP sp3? works on some

If you are using and intel Pentium 4 the official intel site can tell you if you have the latest motherboard drivers installed. This has worked for one of my machines  - emachine running intel pentium 4 XP sp3 IE8, Chrome and Firefox.

stkw11
Beginner
Message 19 of 36

It seems like many others I have problems trying to get BTSport to work on an XP machine.  I too have tried all the "advice" from BT to no avail.  I normally use Chrome, but have tried Firefox and IE8.  However I have just managed to get IE to work with BTSport, albeit only randomly;  I am now viewing USA v Mexico on BTSport2 but just by switching between BTSport1 (getting VC019) then ESPN (Same VC019) and then BTSport2.  So basically I have now proved that my PC does work with BTSport but that the application fails on most occasions.  I'm confident if I swap to BTSport1 now then it will fail;  lets try ....  AND YES I WAS RIGHT  - VC019 yet again!!!!!

So please BT - don't leave the thousands of UK customers who still have XP sp3 machines with this frustration.  Your developers must know what the problem is but you still fail to acknowledge it exists.  As a minimum your help information should reflect the reality - many XP PCs cannot succesfully access BTSport even if they follow your suggested advice on configuration.  If the only sure way to fix this is to use a newer PC with Win7 or above then don't claim otherwise.

0 Ratings
iamthecat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 36

I totally agree with what you just wrote. As its now 15.09.13 and me and a hell of a lot of BT customers since 1.08.13 still can not watch BT Sport through there BT broadband connection what we pay for.
The question is think BT will fix it for real so us customers can watch BT sport on broadband ?
By the way moderators there is nothing wrong with my xp computer as me and techs proved that in august when the problem started.So do not post saying its my computer ok!
0 Ratings