Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jedi2354
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Wifi drops out when using the app

Has anyone else experienced this when using the ipad and/or iPhone apps?

Whether watching live, or streaming video I manage about 2 1/2 minutes of viewing before the wifi on my device drops out and I get the CN001 error message. As soon as I exit the app wifi kicks back in.

I've reset both devices and cleared the cache but it still happens.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wifi drops out when using the app

Hi Jedi2354,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post. Are you noticing wifi drops at other times or is this only happening when connected to the BT Sport app?

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Nickaminsky
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

I had a few of these errors yesterday. It happens just with the Android BT Sport app. WIFI is fine otherwise. The WIFI signal was showing as max when the error occured. I simply hit ok and then the "watch" icon and it connected again.

0 Ratings
Jedi2354
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Just when I use the BT Sport app.
0 Ratings
JohnnyVegas
Message 5 of 11

I am having same issue with BT Sport app on iphone 4. Watch video for a few mins then wifi drops out. Sometimes comes back in a few seconds, sometimes longer. Use BT Home Hub 3 router.
Do not have same issue with Dell laptop when watching BT Sport over wireless connection. Makes me think it is either iphone issue or BTSport app issue.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

It may be related to the Auto-Lock problem. Go to Settings/General/Auto-Lock and set it to Never. Worth giving it a try.

0 Ratings
JohnnyVegas
Message 7 of 11

Thanks but tried that already and still got issue. Worth noting I can stream video using YouTube app or watch video on Facebook and I'm not getting same wifi connection drop out problem. So that leads me to think it is an issue just with BT sport app.
0 Ratings
Jedi2354
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Same here. I can stream video with everything else (iPlayer, YouTube etc.), it's just BT Sport that drops out.

I can see that BT are just falling over themselves to fix the constant issues with their product... Not.
0 Ratings
Jedi2354
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Just managed to watch 8minutes of college game day.

Whoop whoop. That's a new record.
0 Ratings
Thompsound
Message 10 of 11

Have just had my attempt at resolving this with BT.

Was told that it was my devices. I argued that it was rediculous to suggest that two iPhone 4s would have the same problem.

Works fine on Macbook Pro and iMac over Wifi.

Obviously a problem with the APP.

Will have to wait for an update to ever be able to watch BT Sport on my iPhone it seems.

0 Ratings