cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilera
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Windows 10 app

Tried to load app for windows 10. When i go to Microsoft download it says its not available. Has it been removed or what is the reason?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
ankit3302
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Windows 10 app

It is not deleted. It is available on the windows store. May be there were some issues on your system that's why you are not able to download it. Try after some time. Just simply go to windows store and search for windows 10 app.

0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Still showing unavailable on microsoft site.Snap 2018-06-09 at 14.27.23.jpg

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14

I've just downloaded it no problem from here via BT.com

0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Does anyone know what can cause this problem on my computer, it is a problem on my computer as my son has loaded it on his computer satisfactorily.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14

Can only speculate. Antivirus, Account Permissions, that sort of thing. It might be worth downloading the free version of ccleaner to check your registry
0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

My Son downloaded app OK but when he runs it the programme opens up BlueStacks, is this normal?  This is on Windows 10 laptop.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14

@gilerawrote:

My Son downloaded app OK but when he runs it the programme opens up BlueStacks, is this normal?  This is on Windows 10 laptop.

I don't think so but I can only go by my own experience. When I launch the app it runs C:\Windows\System32\runtimebroker.exe which I guess was installed when I installed the app.

As far as I know the W10 sport app uses Silverlight as a player and the only windows browser I know that supports that is Internet Explorer, of course Microsoft want you to use Edge instead of IE and removed the desktop shortcut to it in an update sometime ago but the programme is still on my PC in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", perhaps this is why mine works okay. No guarantees but it might be worth a try.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 14

@gilerawrote:

Just a thought, Bluestacks is an Android emulator for PC, that suggests to me that your son downloaded the Android app instead of the Windows app ?

Did you try downloading the app from the link in my earlier post?

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 14

The BT Sport App on Windows 10 is now a native Windows 10 Store App and not a desktop app. It no longer uses a web browser nor silver light which is being discontinued. You should not be clicking on any link but simply open the Windows Store and install the latest version from there.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings