cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA15
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview v Freesat

Due to our location, we are unable to receive signal through local transmitter so have installed Freesat. We are only using youview box for btsport now which is expensive on this basis. If we cancel our bttv package is it poss to access bt sport another, cheaper way?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview v Freesat

I presume as you have BT TV then you have BT broadband, having BT Sports on a BT TV package is the cheapest way to access BT Sports, why not call up and ask what offers they have ? there might be discounts available if you're paying standard prices.

Your other options are the BT Sport standalone app for £9 per month (BT broadbad customers only), you can also have it on Sky for £12 per month SD (+ £6.50 for HD) if you have BT broadband (£27.99 for non broadband customers in SD)

Alternatively BT Mobile customers get the mobile app free on some packages with 6GB data or more.

0 Ratings
BA15
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Richie, thanks for that. I will contact BT and see if i can remove bttv and bt sport and replace it with the btsport app only. Happy to watch on my tablet and as i have chromecast, can i cast it to the tv?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 4

The BT Sport on BT TV you have now gives you app access and the online player at btsport.com.

The standalone BT app for broadband customers is app and online player.

It might work out cheaper to get a new BT TV and BT Sport on BT TV package as the standalone app is £9 per month, factor in that you will need to give 30 days notice to cease your BT TV package, it could work out that getting a new deal for BT TV works out cheaper as that deal would go active within 24 hours of placing it.

You can cast with both options, the only one you can't cast is the mobile app that comes with some BT mobile packages.

One other thing to mention is regardless if you take a new BT TV package or opt for standalone app, your broadband package will be renewed for the duration of the BTTV or app contract, so ask about renewing that with a discount, otherwise when your current promotion ends you'll pay standard prices yet still be in contract.

0 Ratings