cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Youview+

I am currently considering getting a BT fibre broadband package with BT Sport and I want to be able to record BT Sport channels. This seems to mean that I need a BT youview+ box. Is there any reason why I cannot buy a second hand box from Ebay rather than a new one from BT?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview+

There are several ways to watch BT Sport.

The BT Sport on BT TV  which utilises a Youview box is effectively adding BT Sport  onto a BT Tv subscription . 

the BT TV subscriptions that BTTV currently market  for new customers are packages that include either a Youview  or YouView+ box normally with a minimum 12 month subscription. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply but I did sort of know that - my thought was to get the Starter + BT Sport option (£3.50 per month after 6 months free) and then replace the youview box that comes with it with my own BT youview+ box to record stuff rather than get the Entertainment option (with youview+ box)  at £10 per month ( increasing to £13.50 after 6 months.

Seems like a more cost effective option if it works - hence my question.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Hi, if you are happy with the fewer channels then you can use an existing BT YouView Box see here.

Stew

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for this. I am only really wanting to watch and record the BT Sport channels - I would think that all BT Youview+ boxes would cover these?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 6

Yes, all except the mini. see here

Stew

0 Ratings