cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpgrant70
Message 1 of 9

bt sport app and sky

I have just become a sky customer when i set up my bt broadband i regeiesterd to use the app but now I want to view on my new sky plus box can I have both as I have tried to add my viewing card number but it comes back with that I can already view bt sport with the mobile app

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: bt sport app and sky

I have exactly the same issue myself. Just went live with BT Broadband yesterday and expected to be able to get access to BT Sport on Sky right after registering but as I have access to the app I can't.

Not happy as this was the only reason I switched.

0 Ratings
xroxirawrx
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Ditto. I'm having the exact same issue, quite frustrating as bt sport was a big influence in my decision to switch. Some help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
rochesb
Message 4 of 9

Same here. I have spend several frustrating hours going round and round the BT websites looking for answers to no avail.

0 Ratings
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I just gave the online ordering one last go and lo and behold the order went through this time.

However, I received an email from them with the following

You need a new Sky viewing card to watch BT Sport

BT Sport won't work with your current viewing card, so we've ordered a new one for you. It's free and should arrive in the next few days. When you get it, all you need to do to watch BT Sport is replace your current card with the new one.

I thought the point was that it would be added instantly on to your existing card?

Deary me.

0 Ratings
xroxirawrx
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the update, I tried again and, sure enough, it worked fine.. I guess I got lucky as they are not sending me a new viewing card and bt sport was activated straight away. 

0 Ratings
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Glad you are sorted. I am now just hoping that the new card will be linked to my Sky account, why they couldn't add it to my card I have no idea.

It's a bit of a pain as my team are playing tomorrow night and I would have liked to have seen it on the TV.

0 Ratings
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Just to update my situation I came home to a voice text from BT saying my Sport should be activated within 24 hours on that card, sure enough it is live now. Happy days!

0 Ratings
rochesb
Message 9 of 9

I emailed BT Sport customer support and within a few hours received a phone call; I gave my Sky viewing card details and within minutes I was viewing BT Sport on Sky.  Well done customer service! 

0 Ratings