cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefano87
Message 1 of 18

bt sport not working on chromecast

Hi my Bt sport app is working on my handset HTC one m7 but as soon as I press cast this starts to load up on tv and changes to sorry an error has occurred please try again ?? Any idea ??.
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: bt sport not working on chromecast

Hi stefano87,

Thanks for posting. What error message are you getting? Give us as much detail as posible and I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
stefano87
Message 3 of 18

All it says is cannot play this video please try again works fine on handset though.
0 Ratings
hs1971
Message 4 of 18

I am having exactly the same problem. No details given, just a general error message. I have tried on 3 different android devices with no luck. Please help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry about the problems you're having with BT Sport on Chomecast. Are you able to cast other videos or is this just happening on the BT Sport?

Also can you try disabling smart wireless on your Hub if this is activated. To do this you need to manually select a wireless channel.  Further details on how to do this can be found on this link change wireless channel

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

I've been casting BT Sports live streamed video to my TV since last Jul-14. The BT Sport app has always worked well with my Chromecast device from my HTC One mini smartphone and from my Google Nexus 10 tablet...until yesterday. I was trying to watch live BT Sport content but, for the first time ever, I got the error message (after attempting to load to Chromecast)

"An error has occurred. It was not possible to play the requested content. Please try again."

I might add that the issue doesn't arise with recorded video, only live streams on any BT Sport channel.

I've done a fair bit of diagnostics that include ensuring wireless set up is disabled. I've also restarted of the BT Hub, uninstalled and reinstalled app setc. I'm running the latest app versions of Chromecast and BT Sport. I'm using BT Home Hub 3. I've tested casting via the YouTube app and its fine. (Not yet tested BBC iPlayer).

More information...

BTHub3

Chromecast Firmware Version: 26653

Chromecast App Version: 1.10.2 updated 30-Jan-15

BT Sports App Version: 1.4.7.2 updated 4-Feb-15

Hub Firmware Information Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A)

It's worth noting that while this issue was "hot" Sep14 to Dec-14, I wasn't experiencing any problem. And this year, during Jan-15, all was well. Yesterday was my first use of BT Sport for Feb-15 when the issue came to light. I'm wondering if the combination of these latest version apps for Chromecast and BT Sport are causing the issue? Not sure. I've been a BT Broadband subscriber since 2007. I'm therefore keen to get this problem resolved, otherwise the value for money aspect comes into serious question. Help much appreciated.

0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

May I correct a typo "..ensuring wireless set up is disabled" should read "ensuring wireless smart set up is disabled"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 18

Well just tried  using an HTC One M8 and HH5   with those chromecast & BT Sport app builds and it is casting fine.

0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

OK. Thanks for verifying this. My issue therefore relates to something else. I had bought BT Home Hub 4 late last year in reserve for when I might want to replace Hub 3 which has served me well (including successful use of BT Sport) until my problems the other night. I think I will now replace Hub 3 with Hub 4...and see what happens.

0 Ratings
alanmitchell24
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

@GerardQ wrote:

I've been casting BT Sports live streamed video to my TV since last Jul-14. The BT Sport app has always worked well with my Chromecast device from my HTC One mini smartphone and from my Google Nexus 10 tablet...until yesterday. I was trying to watch live BT Sport content but, for the first time ever, I got the error message (after attempting to load to Chromecast)

"An error has occurred. It was not possible to play the requested content. Please try again."

I might add that the issue doesn't arise with recorded video, only live streams on any BT Sport channel.

I've done a fair bit of diagnostics that include ensuring wireless set up is disabled. I've also restarted of the BT Hub, uninstalled and reinstalled app setc. I'm running the latest app versions of Chromecast and BT Sport. I'm using BT Home Hub 3. I've tested casting via the YouTube app and its fine. (Not yet tested BBC iPlayer).

More information...

BTHub3

Chromecast Firmware Version: 26653

Chromecast App Version: 1.10.2 updated 30-Jan-15

BT Sports App Version: 1.4.7.2 updated 4-Feb-15

Hub Firmware Information Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A)

It's worth noting that while this issue was "hot" Sep14 to Dec-14, I wasn't experiencing any problem. And this year, during Jan-15, all was well. Yesterday was my first use of BT Sport for Feb-15 when the issue came to light. I'm wondering if the combination of these latest version apps for Chromecast and BT Sport are causing the issue? Not sure. I've been a BT Broadband subscriber since 2007. I'm therefore keen to get this problem resolved, otherwise the value for money aspect comes into serious question. Help much appreciated.

I am experiencing exactly the same. I have been ‘Chromecasting’ since October 2014 via my Google Nexus 7 tablet and my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smart-phone. Last used Wednesday 25th February. Sat down to watch Rugby on Friday (28th) and simply see that same error message as reported on the screen;

I’ve also done a fair bit of diagnostic:

Reboot Chromecast,

Factory reset Chromecast

Uninstalled App on both devices / rebooted both / then installed the App.

Reset BT Home Hub 5 (only plugged this in on Friday so initially assumed this was causing the error).

Loaded App on i-Pad.

Followed the instructions (from BT Community Care) to turn off Smart Wireless, (select the wireless channel for the “2.4 GHz” band) channels 1, 6 or 11. (also followed the guidance for 5GHz band).

Very keen to see BT resolve this issue before the next round of Premiership rugby next weekend (6th March) and the Rugby club from Monday onwards).

Thank you.

0 Ratings