cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillp
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

bt sport not working on my Youview box

I have just renewed my copper broadband and BT TV contract and changed my BT sport from the sky box to youview. However it should have been live on the 15th June but still no BT Sport. It finds the channel but no content. Rang once and done an online chat with someone who raised a complaint but I have heard nothing since. I have however got an inflated bill this month so am not the happiest I have ever been with BT.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: bt sport not working on my Youview box

When you login to MyBT does it show your Sport as being activated?

0 Ratings
phillp
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

It is shown as inclusive and I have watched it all last year on the skybox and pc.
0 Ratings
phillp
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Taken from my order status: Your BT Sport service through BT TV was activated on 15 June 2015
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Can you still view it on your sky box? I ask because I thought you BT all you to see it on sky or youview but not both.

Just a thought. Anyway have you updated your YouView box to the latest software?

Failing all of that it could just be that they haven't set up your channel package properly and you need this to be done.

Maybe worth a look at: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/?s_intcid=sporthub_contact

and select 'problems with my service'

0 Ratings
phillp
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Not tried sky box as I disconnected it. Youview box updated software around the 15 jun and I can watch bt sport on my pc. Tried twice to get bt interested first by phone then by online chat, both got me nowhere, just a waste of an hour of my life. Been with bt since dialup but this could be it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Are the BT Sport channel numbers (408.410,411)  appearing in your EPG (guide)  - If not what is the value of the ISP configuration (listed under the Youview >Settings> Software Versions

Did you already have a Youview box or did you get one as part of the switch from Sky?

Is the Youview box connected directly to the Homehub or are you using powerline adaptors ?

0 Ratings
phillp
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Sport channels are in the EPG and the box SW has been updated.

I have never had Sky as a service, just used an old SD Sky box I had to get BT Sport last year. The Youview box came from BT as a replacement for an old BT silver SD box I had for many years.

The Youview box is fed directly from a 1G port on a Billion 7800DXL.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

@phillp wrote:

Sport channels are in the EPG and the box SW has been updated.

I have never had Sky as a service, just used an old SD Sky box I had to get BT Sport last year. The Youview box came from BT as a replacement for an old BT silver SD box I had for many years.

The Youview box is fed directly from a 1G port on a Billion 7800DXL.

Not sure , but is the Billion 7800DXL siutable for multicast. If it is it might not be set up. look for IGMP Proxy, IGMP snooping etc

[edit] From this post the Billion if set up properly does work.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Known-Routers-to-Work-with-Multicast-IGMP/m-p/994338#M6383

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
phillp
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Update BT sent a HH4 to solve the issue of not getting BT Sport on copper broadband which it did. However as the broadband throughput dropped to a level the family complained I have had to go back to my 7800DXL. This was not because of BT Sport using bandwidth as it was not used much.

All of the details I have seen are about third party routers working on fibre broadband not copper.

The 7800DXL has many IGMP settings and I am sure Billion would happily consider more if BT would publish what is needed to let customers get the multicast service on copper broadband.

0 Ratings