cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 43

Re: bt sport not working outside the uk.

Sorry @Michael283773 - it's not something I can instantly fix. It looks like your broadband provider is being incorrectly blocked by our location provider as being a VPN. I've raised a ticket for this to be investigated, but it may be Monday before anyone picks it up.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 43

Hi, since upgrading to BT sport HD I've been getting this error message. I've checked my up location and it's in the UK. I don't use a VPN so not sure why I'm getting this message. Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 43

Looks like you're using the same broadband provider @banyancafe - I've chased for progress on the ticket raised from this issue last week. We use a 3rd party to tell us the location of IP addresses - we've asked them to check their list.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 43

Thank you for confirming. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 43

That's your ISP now unblocked @banyancafe @Michael283773 - could you please confirm that you're now able to watch BT Sport OK?

Message 16 of 43

Unfortunately not, can’t even get logged in now lol comes up ‘sorry-there’s a Problem’ with the code id153 and nothing comes up. Be as well cancelling have phoned up and been told check location settings and turn off vpn however location settings are fine and don’t have a vpn
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 43

Your account is currently showing as locked out @Michael283773 - it looks like someone requested a password reset on the morning of March 7th.  Try to log into bt.com/mybt and it should prompt you to set a new password (or use the password reset option on the login form).

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 43

Hi, yes it's now working, many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 43

Hello Paddy,

I have only seen your reply now because I had had no reason to read any correspondence as I did not have any problems, not having been abroad since last autumn till recently - that is when I realised that I could no longer watch BT Sport on my laptop in Europe, whereas before this year that was possible. I am hugely disappointed that, since 1 January, BT customers can no longer watch BT Sport whilst in the EU (after all, as a Dutchman resident in thre UK I was not entitled to cast my vote in the Brexit Referendum...). You mention that 'new rules' came into force on 1 January. What are these and who decided on them?...I am most curious and, in any event, fail to understand the reason in this case. Did BT advise its customers?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 43

EU law required that content be portable - this meant that content providers had no choice but to allow their content to be played throughout the EEA.
With Brexit, the EU portability law no longer applied. This meant that content providers were legally allowed to tell BT to restrict the content to UK - and they did.
The rules are from the owners of the content.
0 Ratings