Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Goosie01
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

bt sport on second tv

Go to solution

Hi, new to this so bear with me.

I get my bt sport via bt youview box in one room.

How can I get my sport on a second tv in a different room? It is a Samsung smart tv with internet access.

When I try to open sport, first I get a message stating that I have to download Microsoft Silverlight (?), but this is no longer supported apparently, and won't download.

Is there a way to "stream" the sport from the the youview box over my home broadband to the kitchen tv?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: bt sport on second tv

Go to solution
Your best option would be to get a Google chromecast 🙂
0 Ratings
Goosie01
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for that. Will look into it. Cheers
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Goosie01 wrote:

Hi, new to this so bear with me.

I get my bt sport via bt youview box in one room.

How can I get my sport on a second tv in a different room? It is a Samsung smart tv with internet access.

When I try to open sport, first I get a message stating that I have to download Microsoft Silverlight (?), but this is no longer supported apparently, and won't download.

Is there a way to "stream" the sport from the the youview box over my home broadband to the kitchen tv?

You can't stream the sport from youview, nor AFAIK, will you be able to login to the BT Sport online page on your smart TV directly.

A chromecast won't help unless you are logging in to BT Sport on a PC/tablet and then sending the stream to the TV, but it doesn't seem that's what you want to do.

It seems as though the following is really what you are trying to achieve.

Take a look at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/~/extra-box-with-bt-tv-everywhere

0 Ratings
Goosie01
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for great reply to my query.

You are correct, the Chromecast "dongle" won't resolve the issue properly. I can already mirror my Samsung tablet to the t.v. so Chromecast would be doing the same job.

I might just keep with this setup rather than have to pay for an extra subscription.

thanks again for your time.

0 Ratings