Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: bt sport

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

The pattern that is coming out with all the posts is that Flash Play is using more processing time than Silverlight.

Maybe, but I don't think that's the cause. I get stuttering (random screen freezes of up to 1 second or so) even though my laptop is of decent spec with only around 20% CPU usage while watching BT Sport. It seems to have improved somewhat this week but it's still intrusive enough to be a pest.

You are right!!

Managed to capture the condition this morning.

Here's a screen shot showing the failure instant where the picture froze for 1 1/2 second.

Conditions were:- graphics card disabled, screen capture from windows performance monitor. (can't view monitor when BT player is in full screen).

You will see that the CPU usage just reduced for approx 1 second - indicating no input from stream??

There are some more accurate diagnostics tools available: I use AMD System monitor for the overall view which includes MPU, GPU and memory monitor.

There should be another for NVidia GPUs.

Will try this later as it's fiddly to set up.

Image:-

BTSP.JPG

spaceman
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Ribblelancs
0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks Twin1965,I am now successfully using Chromecast with Android.

0 Ratings
aladdin85
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

still stutters for me irrespective of browser

0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Aladdin85.I am using a 'Lenovo 7" android tablet', and have downloaded the BT App from the Google store [free],I then bought a 'Chromecast' [£30] and connected it to my TV. I watched the Arsenal v Chelsea match with no problem at all,and with a perfect picture. As I have sjgned to watch all BT sport I think the extra cost is worth it. [BT and Microsoft should deal with this problem].

0 Ratings
Highlighted
twin1965
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
The Chromecast, spec wise, is not a very powerful device but it plays HD video perfectly. It's obviously been well designed for this purpose. The BT flash player on the other hand has not been coded or optimised properly. We should not be experiencing these issues as viewing online HD content is pretty much normal nowadays. I can playback 1080 video on an old ION based system without any stuttering.
Chromecast is a great little device but it won't help those that rely on their PCs and Laptops for viewing video. It's a shame that BT haven't fixed this as the coverage and picture quality is first class.
Has anyone tried getting a refund for not being able to use the service?
spaceman
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Good luck twin1965 on getting a refund from BT.I am amazed that the tiny Android can produce such a perfect video picture,and my mighty Microsoft W10 PC cannot.I will mostly use my Chromebook for my internet usage from now on.

0 Ratings
aladdin85
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution
thanks for the feeback spaceman, you're a lucky man! my laptop just can't hack the BT website for whatever reason. the app works fine on my phone but looks like i'll need to get a chromecast
0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks aladding85.After my original question,no one has said they are getting a good picture on their  Windows computer,so the problem must be the same for everyone. The Chromecast certainly works for me,and I am amazed at the HD picture I am getting on my 42" TV, [with no HDMI cable to worry about] I am looking forward now to next weeks games in Europe,

0 Ratings