cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 92

bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

A message is displayed indicating that my bt sports app will no longer work on windows from august... why.. this is my only means of access

0 Ratings
91 REPLIES 91
Message 2 of 92

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

As per the message, you can watch BT Sport from www.bt.com/sport/watch in a web browser where most people will get a better experience.

The Windows app was created for Windows Phone, with desktop access only being an added bonus. It has only had minor updates since Windows Phone stopped being supported, and is significantly behind all our other platforms.

The way you log into BT Sport on all platforms is changing in the next few weeks, and it would have taken a lot of work to update the Windows app. It isn't worth us spending money on doing that, when the web site is so much better than the app anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 92

Go to solution

Thanks for the info @rachelgomez123 but we definitely don't recommend that users install an Android emulator on Windows to watch BT Sport. There's just no need when www.bt.com/sport/watch does the job just fine.

Message 4 of 92

Go to solution

The way you log into BT Sport on all platforms is changing in the next few weeks

Can you divulge a bit more on this?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 92

Go to solution
Just modernising - switching to OAuth across all BT systems. Allows us to integrate with more third party systems (e.g. for voice control), and we can finally remove the need to enter login details on our Smart TV apps - just scan a QR code instead.
Message 6 of 92

Go to solution

QR Code access has been a blessing on TV's and other devices on many apps; entering usernames and passwords with a remote gets quite tedious so i look forward to this change.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 92

Go to solution

can i watch sports in 1080p on the web browser like the windows 10 app

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 92

Go to solution

Yes - web goes up to the same quality as all other platforms 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 92

Go to solution

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

QR Code access has been a blessing on TV's and other devices on many apps; entering usernames and passwords with a remote gets quite tedious so i look forward to this change.

@Popeye13_Official  I haven't logged out of BT Sport for years ..... on both TVs, both Tablets, all PCs and one of our iPhones.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 92

Go to solution

As the windows app is stopping as of tomorrow, I reluctantly endeavoured to access BT sport through my computer via the suggested link.

What a faff,

Where as the past access via the app was quick and problem free,

Todays experience via the web page was difficult and not worth the effort,

Access is, Long winded, many more clicks,  Slow, and at arrival, continual buffering on a lower quality image ( certainly not up to the app quality ) All on the same computer,

This is certainly not a step forward or worth the subscription