cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 92

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

The BT response to my initial Windows app query was so say '' solved''

So a replacement for a perfectly adequate functioning windows app, even if out of date, is a long winded process via the pc web page, which takes for ever to navigate

Well done BT a major step forward and well worth my subscription !

Message 12 of 92

Go to solution
From the top menu on bt.com select Sport. From there you'll find direct links to watch the BT Sport channels - 2 clicks.
The Windows app was preventing us from making any major changes to the back end, so it had to be decommissioned.
Message 13 of 92

Go to solution

very terse, ''back end'' ??

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 92

Go to solution
Back end = all the stuff at our end. The servers and services that make BT Sport work.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 92

Go to solution

Its all very well saying 2 clicks and your in, with the windows app that was right, 2 clicks and I was watching actual sport, but through the web site, there is the slow cookies 2 clicks to reject, then the log in every time , so the getting to actual sport experience, is long winded, two steps back, not forward !

Message 16 of 92

Go to solution
The cookie prompt should only appear once, unless you're clearing cookies.
We're working on the login experience now - which is why the Windows app had to be shut down.
I appreciate that it's not the experience you're used to, but I'm afraid it's the only one we can offer now.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 92

Go to solution

Hi

Web broswer a better experience? How exactly?

The app worked absolutely perfectly, yet the Web browser crashes constantly, just typical BT trying to cut cost it seems, if the Web browser keeps crashing I'll be cancelling my contract with you as you're not providing a service I'm paying for.

Edit: App was basically "Click app -> watch" - Now I have to load Internet browser, go to BT sport, find the watch page, select channel, then log in as it seems to forget your log in half the time, and then did I say it crashes constantly already? Yeah that, get it together BT, "better experience" laughable.

Message 18 of 92

Go to solution

I’ve just tried the web version this evening. It’s now 12.30am (half past midnight) so I doubt contention ratio is to blame. I’m watching BT Sport 1, Live MLB: Mariners. It is an unwatchable joke. It’s been on for 15 minutes - plenty of time for it to optimise buffering and get its act together; I have yet to see more than one seconds-worth of moving footage before the screen freezes and buffers. Sound is continuous. We are on FTTC.

Whoever it is at BT that decided this is an improvement over the old Windows app is having a laugh.

Champions League and Europa League coverage starts this week. If this is the best (and only) way to watch, I’ll be cancelling my subscription. You’ve scored an own goal with this one, BT

Message 19 of 92

Go to solution

I agree the app was better than having to use web page but I watched the whole of the Everton v Liverpool using Edge on PC and never had any problems and coverage was great

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 92

Go to solution

In the absence of an alternative try downloading Bluestacks android emulator & then installing the BT Sport app from the Play Store. But purchasing a Fire/Roku/Now HDMI stick for the TV would be a better option when watching at home.

0 Ratings