cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 92

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

Having messed around with this some more, it looks as though the stick PC (which was bought specifically to be able to use the Windows BT Sport app, not much more than 18 months ago) can’t cope with the web portal version. 2Gb ram and an Atom chip apparently isn’t enough. Thanks BT for consigning another piece of tech to the bin. 

So I installed the BT Sport app on our Now TV black box. That has a wired connection to the router and works perfectly. Decent interface, no buffering. It’s  now the only way that I can watch BT Sport.

I can’t help but think that BT are playing a dangerous game though. Relying on the pipeline of your foe as the sole means of delivering your product is a risky strategy. Does “Nord Stream” mean anything to you, BT?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 92

Go to solution

Watching via a laptop September '22 is awful. Stops/stutters/buffers. Optics for a communications Company are awful. Sky Go is no issue , great service so I hope that they take European football from BT so that I can watch it.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 92

Go to solution
Sorry to disagree Darren. The quality via a laptop is shocking. Stopping/buffering etc.
Message 24 of 92

Go to solution
Couldn's agree more. BT should be ashamed of this service.
Message 25 of 92

Go to solution

The problem for me with using bt.com/sport/watch is that, even with a freshly-dowloaded Microsoft Edge browser, the feed is jerky, and buffers. Does anybody else have this problem? If so  any fixes?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 92

Go to solution

For me  thuis way into BT sport jerks and buffers: in no way is it "fine".

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 92

Go to solution

Since the cessation of the windows app watching bt sport on my laptop is pure torture. Buffering/stopping/speeding up. For a comms company the optics are very poor.

Message 28 of 92

Go to solution

Quite agree with you. Since the recent change the quality has dropped from ten to 0. Shocking.

Message 29 of 92

Go to solution

Had a bit of a play around this week, watching on various browsers. I have a gaming laptop, its very powerful and yet, watching some of the Celtic Vs Real Madrid match earlier this week (BT Sport 3) on Firefox, it was a jerky mess that was frankly amazing to experience and not in a good way. Then went to Opera and it was smooth and stable the entire time for the duration i watched.

Some browsers, with your hardware, will handle differently than other resulting in a very strange viewing experience, but do try other browsers as some are more able than others, depending on your device, its age, OS and graphics capabilities.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 92

Go to solution
Good tip. Will give opera a try
0 Ratings