cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 85

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

@assd 

I think you may have misunderstood, unless I have. There is no new app, just modifications to how the web player behaves with limited hardware capacity. But I'm sure @DarrenDev will advise.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 85

Go to solution

Hi. Yep, that's correct. There is no App. 

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 85

Go to solution

DarrenDev,

It appears I may have misunderstood your earlier post, purporting to have good news, re updated standard player, FINALLY being active, Silly me I thought BT were working on an improvement / replacement to the perfectly good app for windows, they arbitrarily withdrew.

If the ''good news'' was supposed to have improved access through the normal web browser, well having used it this morning, I can confirm it is still as clumsy and longwinded as always.

All I want for my subscription money, is what BT used to offer, a reasonable product, which could be accessed on a windows pc fairly easily.

But no, BT took two steps backwards, for the same subscription

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 85

Go to solution
The Windows app is gone and never coming back. It was "perfectly good" at the time, but a lot has moved on and the app no longer works. You seem to be suggesting that it was withdrawn just to annoy you - trust me, that isn't the case. It's been hanging on by a thread for over 2 years, getting little fixes to keep it working, but it had to be withdrawn as part of a major security overhaul in BT that you'll start seeing later this month.

The update was to the web player so that it works better on older hardware.

You can access the BT Sport channels from pretty much anywhere on BT.com just by selecting Sport from the big menu at the top.
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 85

Go to solution

The test player is working brilliantly for me now. Currently watching the Man City game with no issues, on Windows 11 using Edge browser.

0 Ratings