cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 92

Re: bt sports app on windows

Go to solution

@assd 

I think you may have misunderstood, unless I have. There is no new app, just modifications to how the web player behaves with limited hardware capacity. But I'm sure @DarrenDev will advise.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 92

Go to solution

Hi. Yep, that's correct. There is no App. 

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 92

Go to solution

DarrenDev,

It appears I may have misunderstood your earlier post, purporting to have good news, re updated standard player, FINALLY being active, Silly me I thought BT were working on an improvement / replacement to the perfectly good app for windows, they arbitrarily withdrew.

If the ''good news'' was supposed to have improved access through the normal web browser, well having used it this morning, I can confirm it is still as clumsy and longwinded as always.

All I want for my subscription money, is what BT used to offer, a reasonable product, which could be accessed on a windows pc fairly easily.

But no, BT took two steps backwards, for the same subscription

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 92

Go to solution
The Windows app is gone and never coming back. It was "perfectly good" at the time, but a lot has moved on and the app no longer works. You seem to be suggesting that it was withdrawn just to annoy you - trust me, that isn't the case. It's been hanging on by a thread for over 2 years, getting little fixes to keep it working, but it had to be withdrawn as part of a major security overhaul in BT that you'll start seeing later this month.

The update was to the web player so that it works better on older hardware.

You can access the BT Sport channels from pretty much anywhere on BT.com just by selecting Sport from the big menu at the top.
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 92

Go to solution

The test player is working brilliantly for me now. Currently watching the Man City game with no issues, on Windows 11 using Edge browser.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 92

Go to solution

What happens to Surface pro tablet users? I mean, i have a mobile contract that gets me BT Sport but only small screen such as tablet or phone. And i cannot use it on a Surface pro as there is no app. Yet, this is a tablet and i should be able to use it here. What is the solution here?

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 92

Go to solution
The Surface Pro isn't considered a tablet - any device running Windows is seen as a laptop/desktop and so isn't eligible to watch BT Sport with a mobile-only subscription.
Message 88 of 92

Go to solution

it is a 13 inch machine. My samsung s7 is 15 inch screen. The surface pro comes with no keyboard, as any other tablet. So the windows hone which runs windows, it is a computer as well? Like come on, you can come up with something else, but not giving us that BS. 

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 92

Go to solution
BT Sport only considers Android and iOS to be valid mobile/tablet operating systems for a mobile-only subscription, and only when using the BT Sport app for those platforms (even a web browser on an Android tablet would still be blocked).
Even if the Windows app still existed, it would still be seen as a desktop operating system and so wouldn't allow your mobile-only subscription to use it.
Message 90 of 92

Go to solution

And before you say anything, or consider me rude, I have nothing against you, you are doing your job and answer questions based on the decisions the suits are taking. But these are exactly the decisions that annoy people, make them leave and find illigitame ways to watch. Then this drives the service prices go up in order to catch up that loss, and then makes other leave due to prices such as myself. Because paying 30 pounds on BT and another 35 to bow tv in order to not even have all 380 games....you see, it is problematic. Maybe you can take some feedback grom this.

0 Ratings