cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xRS
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

bt ultimate channel set up method on TV VIP package?

Channel 433 says I need to set up or upgrade to BT Ultimate to receive it but I have the VIP package which includes it.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: bt ultimate channel set up method on TV VIP package?

Hi @xRS  what is your broadband speed?

0 Ratings
xRS
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Around 30Mb. In the BT TV Settings test it says it is good for Ultimate.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@xRS  There is a minimum line speed requirement for the multicast delivered  Bt Sport Ultimate channel 433 on the T4000. Your line speed seems to be below that  but that line speed  should be sufficient y to receive  BT Sport Ultimate on other devices using the BT Sport app

Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 8

What happens when you click on OK to setup?

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

@xRSwrote:

Around 30Mb. In the BT TV Settings test it says it is good for Ultimate.

I'm intrigued, what is this "BT TV Settings test" you speak of?

Unless something has changed recently I agree with @zulu17, the minimum line speed was always 44MB to get Ultimate through the YouView 4K box, however 30MB is enough to watch it through the BT Sport app.

Worth noting as well that the 44MB figure was always a minimum base figure your line could handle, not what you get. For example, my connection sits at a rock steady 47MB but my minimum via the BT line test is 37MB, so I cannot have Ultimate through the YouView box.

However it is still part of my package so I watch through my Xbox One S in 4K HDR without any issues apart from the broadcast delay.

0 Ratings
xRS
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

It loads my BT Sport Upgrade options I am receiving the HD options fine. For reference using the Samsung (Q85R) built in app for Amazon Prime I can get 4K content without a problem.
0 Ratings
xRS
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I can't find the BT speed check which ran and gave me 3 ticks for 3 levels of service i.e SD, HD and Ultimate. I have now checked the BT Sport app on my Samsung TV (which I had ignored) which has a Compatibility Checker for the connection It gives ticks for HD and HDR but  a cross for 4K. There are Footnotes 1,You should be able to experience BT Sport in up to 1080p. 2, Not all events on BT Sport Ultimate are in 4K HDR. [As noted above I do receive Amazon Prime 4K content fine via the TV app].

My BT Broadband Package is Fibre 1, 28 to 45Mb with a stay fast guarantee of 23Mb. I think there is a BT fibre cabinet at the end of our street, about 150yds away. I was initially set up for a higher speed service but it proved unstable and BT reverted me to a Fibre 1 service. Ironically Virgin ran fibre into our road and there is a connection point just outside my front door. Not tempted as I am a BT pensioner - you do not bite the hand that feeds you!