Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

casting functionality is not included in your bt sport subscription

Hi,

I too have suddenly hit this problem after casting without problem for the last nine months since I took out BT mobile subscriptions.

I have super fast FTTC broadband running at the full 50 meg and two BT mobile (6 gig data) subscriptions.

Help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: casting functionality is not included in your bt sport subscription

Looking at my BT account then there is no longer any mention of BT Sport on my account. When I go to 'Manage BT Sport' the site wants to start an order???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 12

If you got the BT Sport free because one of your BT Mobiles has 6GB data or more, then casting is not supported, you have free app only access, if you've previously been able to cast it was in error, most likely a recent change to your package fixed that.
If you have BT broadband, then you can upgrade to the chargeable BT Sport app, that supports casting and multiple other devices like an Xbox, PS4, certain Apple TV's ect

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Suspected that might be the answer, thanks, from reading other posts.

Don't understand what I was getting it and what triggered it to stop.

If, on my BT Broadband subscription, I buy the 'chargeable app' do I still need my chromecast device, If I do will that allow me to cast from either of the two BT Mobiles please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Sorry should have said that TV is a Samsung smart TV

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Have a look Here for all the features and terms of the BT Sport app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

This has now moved on somewhat and descended into BT Pantomime farce.

Error messages:

On-line player on PC:--- Your BT Sport subscription does not include access to the online player. Please use the BT Sport App or upgrade your subscription

BT Sport Mobile App on Android phone:--- Casting functionality is not included in you BT Sport subscription

History:

Jan 2018 new fibre in village, took out FTTC with BT Sport player free for eighteen months.

A few months later added two family sims with 6 gig data and free BT Sport mobile app. On-line pater and chrome casting all worked fine. Subsequently advised incorrectly I did not need the on-line player I was about to start paying for so cancelled it. Unfortunately this removed the ability to chrome cast which I now know you cannot do from the mobile app. Messages as above

Cold called by BT Sat 5th Oct am re contract renewal  order 1 to include BT Sport player on broadband to facilitate casting and removal additional calling plan. Thirty minutes estimate to activation.

Three hours later no joy, messages as above

Phoned for help sat 5th late pm, no on-line player on account,  order 2 for on-line player

Did not work over the weekend.

Wed 9th oct phoned for help again, passed on to techies who could not fix it and did not initially believe me as my account was showing subscription to the on-line player. I gave him my login credentials so he could see it was not working. He raised a fault on the line which was happily working at 51meg!  -- fix mon 14th

Tues 15th Oct follow up from me as nothing happened on Monday. Back to techies again and went through the same rigmarole to convince them it was not working. They deleted my on-line profile and I reapplied – still the same. He talked to his supervisor who had never heard of this either. They decided to place an order to remove BT Sport from my account and then another to add it back. They would all me back on Friday.

Believe this or not twenty minutes later the phone rang again from a different guy at BT faults asking me whether I had received the Ethernet cable (goo - goo – gah – gah). He the realised he had dialled the wrong number and asked me what my problem was, history explained. To my surprise he said he knew what caused that, a flag being set to mobile only on a background screen that not everyone had access to. He reset it and everything worked immediately! Great joy!! Shortly after it suddenly occurred to me that I still had the order pending to cancel and restart. I frantically phoned in but the order could not be stopped.

Yes the order to stop and the order to restart have now gone though and as you might expect it’s stopped bloody working again.

I await tomorrow’s call if it comes! I will also be watching my bills like a hawk as the mobile app should be free and the on-line player free for three months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

@Chris_Sav I'm so sorry to read about your recent experience with BT customer service after losing the ability to cast. The mod team will be happy to help if you send over your details.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Very many thanks, I'll wait and see if the promised contact is made first thing in the morning, if not successful I would appreciate any assistance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Call from support eventually came through  and we ran through what had  happened again, he then went away for an office conflab on what to do. They found the screen and rang me back. on resetting the flag on whatever the extra screen was all was well again. I have asked for this to be fully documented in my profile under the complaint raised on my behalf by them.

Thus mods pm me if you cannot trace my account should this happen to some other poor unfortunate soul.

0 Ratings