cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tech3
Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: error code 6030 err:VC019

Just had a thought ! itvplayer and bbciplayer both use sliverlight and work perfectly well on my computer, could it very big teething problems for BT to be experiencing all these error codes with BT sport.

Just a thought all ? maybe silverlight is not up to scratch with BT sports.

0 Ratings
yongkuk
Contributor
Message 12 of 48

There is an integration issue with the BT app and Silverlight. I finally got it working on my Mac (safari) but have stuggled with my PCs. Thye run Sky/Lovefilm streaming flawlessly and both use Silverlight

0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 48

hi dave i have been trying to resolve this problem with the help desk but it is very hard to make them understand all they did for me is downloaded mosilla firefox which i did'nt really want but that works fine but trying to watch in internet explorer well that a pain it just keeps coming up with this stupid vc019 error message but i won't give up if i do get a proper answer i will post it.
0 Ratings
Graeme___
Beginner
Message 14 of 48

Clear your cache and it resolves it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Explorer106
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Had the same issue running Windows 8 (using Chrome or IE). BT Sport was fine using Mac and iPad; and the same Windows 8 box was also fine accessing other Silverlight-based video services (LoveFilm etc).

Fixed it by disabling silverlight hardware acceleration:

• Right-click on video and select Silverlight
  • Select the playback tab 
  • Make sure the checkbox for 'Enable hardware accelerated playback' is unchecked
  • Click OK
  • Retry play video

HTH

0 Ratings
srvhtc
Beginner
Message 16 of 48

Don't forget that you need to load the latest video drivers!!!!

After doing that Silverlight works for me and ERR6030 & VC019 are gone

Before the driver update I could get BT Sport to work with the previous version of Silverlight 5.0.61118 with a bit of manual deleting of the files in C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\PlayReady each time I changed channels.  Now I have updated my video drivers Silverlight 5.1.2.0125 works fine with BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 48

@srvhtc wrote:

Don't forget that you need to load the latest video drivers!!!!

After doing that Silverlight works for me and ERR6030 & VC019 are gone

Before the driver update I could get BT Sport to work with the previous version of Silverlight 5.0.61118 with a bit of manual deleting of the files in C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\PlayReady each time I changed channels.  Now I have updated my video drivers Silverlight 5.1.2.0125 works fine with BT Sport.

There's a useful utility you can download if you are unsure about your graphics - and hence BT sport video display.

(It's safe and reliable when scanned by an internet security suite, e.g Norton).

Download GPUz. You dont need to install it as such, just save it, and run it when needed. 

It gives details about your GPU (if you have one) and it's performance. It doesn't make any changes, but at least it gives confidence that everything is functioning correctly.

0 Ratings
djwilfuk
Beginner
Message 18 of 48

Hi,

I have also been have the issue with the VC010 & VC019 error.

Having one PC which has never had the issue and one PC which just could never clear the issue.

However having looked at the differences I could only find one difference and that was in Silverlight.

As my second PC was a clean build and I am using Firefox.

In the Silverlight management tool, there is a page, Permiissions, on my PC which works it had an entry for BT,  the other PC did not.

So doing a bit of digging I found the Registary entry.

Entered it on to failing PC and all now works.

Cannot promise it works for everyone, but give it a go.

The key is :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight\Permissions\http://sport.bt.com:80]
"StaysInFullScreenWhenUnfocused"=dword:00000011

Copy this into a Notepad file and call it BT.reg, save. Then click on it so it adds the entry into your Registry and retry access the Sport pages.

You should also see this in the Silverlight Permissions page.

Would suggest a re-boot, just to clear and other issues.

Hope this helps everyone

0 Ratings
Wilky
Contributor
Message 19 of 48

@djwilfuk wrote:

Hi,

I have also been have the issue with the VC010 & VC019 error.

Having one PC which has never had the issue and one PC which just could never clear the issue.

However having looked at the differences I could only find one difference and that was in Silverlight.

As my second PC was a clean build and I am using Firefox.

In the Silverlight management tool, there is a page, Permiissions, on my PC which works it had an entry for BT,  the other PC did not.

So doing a bit of digging I found the Registary entry.

Entered it on to failing PC and all now works.

Cannot promise it works for everyone, but give it a go.

The key is :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight\Permissions\http://sport.bt.com:80]

Copy this into a Notepad file and call it BT.reg, save. Then click on it so it adds the entry into your Registry and retry access the Sport pages.

You should also see this in the Silverlight Permissions page.

Would suggest a re-boot, just to clear and other issues.

Hope this helps everyone

I've just tried this and a error box pooped up stating it wasnt a resitry command and couldnt be added

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 48

That's because the poster forgot to include the header

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again Smiley Happy
0 Ratings