cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markygfaebburn
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

extra ubscriptions for Sky multiroom

What is the reasoning behind requiring extra subscriptions if you have Sky multiroom and wish to view BT Sport on an additional box in your house?

Having previously subscribed to ESPN & Setanta without extra charges to view on an extra digibox, I find BT Sport to be vastly overpriced for what is essentially the same thing but with less flexibility
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: extra ubscriptions for Sky multiroom

@markygfaebburn wrote:
What is the reasoning behind requiring extra subscriptions if you have Sky multiroom and wish to view BT Sport on an additional box in your house?

Having previously subscribed to ESPN & Setanta without extra charges to view on an extra digibox, I find BT Sport to be vastly overpriced for what is essentially the same thing but with less flexibility

Because BT is selling the channel directly, Sky doesn't allow them access to the multiroom facility.

If you find it overpriced, dont subscribe to it. 

goodkarma84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

thats not the case, since Premier Sport sell directly and have multi-room plus Setanna was also sold directly.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 4 of 12

@goodkarma84 wrote:

thats not the case, since Premier Sport sell directly and have multi-room plus Setanna was also sold directly.

It is the case. 

0 Ratings
goodkarma84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

and thats based on what?

i've emailed both, Sky give no real answer and BT tend to go round in circles about lack of software/costs it just seems like bad planning.

if it was really all Skys fault i'm pretty sure BT would throw them under the bus.

is it also skys fault that theres no app for the Xbox?

BT seems to of set this channel up just to get broadband business and they dont seem to care about much else.

0 Ratings
evor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

When I was a setanta subscriber I had to pay an extra £5 to get it on my second box it wasnt included with the main subscription. They used same procedure as BT Sport asked you for primary card when ordering as they didnt sell via SLY

0 Ratings
utterb9000
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

It really should be quite straight forward for BT Sport to offer a 2nd box subscription at the same registered address for a significantly discounted price,
NASN, Setanta and Premier sports have all done this before without being in the sky multiroom package, in fact Premier sports are currently only charging £1 for the 2nd sub.

Not sure why BT dont want to do this - in many family or multi person households, having an active sub on more than one box would be an absolute necessity to make subscribing at all worthwhile.
Online and app options although handy don't replace the need in full and I doubt the quality would be as high.
0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I had btsport on 2 boxes on the night it was launched without paying anything as I have bt broadband then the next day it was not on the second box and bt said they can't do it as they not have the equipment?
0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

@robo567 wrote:
I had btsport on 2 boxes on the night it was launched without paying anything as I have bt broadband then the next day it was not on the second box and bt said they can't do it as they not have the equipment?

It was only on the second box that night due to the fact that the channels were not encrypted for the launch night.

0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

ok ty can I change cards and then sky can re-pair them?
0 Ratings