cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

iPad - Jumping Back, Frame Freezes, and the Dot of Buffering Doom

Watching the SPFL game last night was painful enough without the iPad app doing all of the above. I wonder why the buffering spot stays on even once the video feed is obviosly working again, stopping and starting the stream clears this but I had to get off the sofa to do this and am now tired out 🙂

This was at my sisters place connected via BT BB at 5.5mbs using the 5GHz band with nothing else connected, picture out to her telly via iPad HDMI adapter. Did any of the 9 or 10 other people watching this game experience similar problems?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: iPad - Jumping Back, Frame Freezes, and the Dot of Buffering Doom

Hi bonnyrigger,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the problems with the buffering. Did you have any problems with any other games or was it just this one? I’m assuming it was Hibs v P. T.?

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I mostly watch via BT Sport via the freeview channels which is OK, first time I've really used it for an extended period via the app as i was out of the house. It may have just been a bad feed from Firrhill but the buffering dot staying on the screen once the video is working normally again sound like it could be a bug, as I said stopping and starting the stream removes it - but is a pain if you have connected the iPad to a telly on the other side of the room. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rds233
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I also occasionaly get the Dot of Buffering doom that wont go away (nice name btw) but I think its an app bug. Its happened a couple of times to me, I assumed the stream glitches (either server or my connection, it happens) and I can see it loses quality but it obvious the stream has come back to full speed (full picture quality) but the Dot of buffering doom just keep spinning and spinning and spinning. My only fix is to stop the stream and start it again, this suggest to me an app bug.

I'm on Infinty2 with 72mg d/l.

0 Ratings